Corsair Community

H150i 9900K

Matt-G

I have recently built a 9900K System, it is running at stock and the CPU temps were 90c after 30min of ROGBench

I have Re-seated and Applied MX4 and it dropped to 88c

I have played around with the BIOS set VCore to 1.14 and LLC Turbo but still my CPU is holding at around 80c after 30Min of ROGBench

The radiator is currently at the top of the case as exhaust + 1 rear Exhaust and 3 intake fans

Specs

I9 9900K

Ausu 2080Ti OC

300Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum

You need to look at the coolant temperature (H150i Temp) change to assess the H150i’s role in the total temperature. Most people will idle +4-7C above the room temp (or equal to internal case ambient temp) and 9900K/H150i rise is usually reported at + 6-8C depending on application.

Hmm... very warm for a 360mm, but room temp is additive to this so if your are part of the world experiencing record temperatures this week, that may be a part of it. Watch how long it takes to cool down (it should drop most of the way in 2-4 minutes). Idle coolant can also reveal problems. What is the idle temp? Any dust filters or strange case structures that might restrict exit airflow?

***Make sure you are not sitting on the Quiet 1100 rpm pump setting. Balanced should work for desktop and normal load situations.

ROGBench is 48c

Adia64 test 36c on coolant

Interesting. The obvious difference between this two programs is a GPU component in Real Bench, but that is a very sharp rise for something that only lasts 15 min. What happens in GPU intensive tasks like renders/gaming?

I ran some tests again to verify my results I made an error I was read the RAM temps oops in corsair link.

Using HWMonitor along side Corsair Link

Idling is around 29c Coolsnt 32c CPU

1 hours of ROGbench 38c Coolant, 76c CPU

1 hour of Adia 64 35c Coolant, 73c CPU

Ok, +40C CPU max to coolant differential is more like it and the coolant numbers make sense. Fan and pump speed adjustments attack the coolant value. -1 to -2 there may not be overly valuable. The bigger number is the 40C, but that is all BIOS and voltage tuning. Often lots of little tweaks to make on these newer boards.

Ok, +40C CPU max to coolant differential is more like it and the coolant numbers make sense. Fan and pump speed adjustments attack the coolant value. -1 to -2 there may not be overly valuable. The bigger number is the 40C, but that is all BIOS and voltage tuning. Often lots of little tweaks to make on these newer boards.

I am new to undervolting but I am attempting it

My settings are

XMP Enabled

VCore 1.13 Edit: Just Failed playing

Load Line Calibration Turbo

Seems to be stable

5 Runs of CineBench R20 (4844), 1 Hour of Aida64 and 1 Hour of ROG Bench peaked to 70 to 75c ambient is around 25c

All above failed after around 12 hours of passed 6 hours of ROGBench and Aida 64, If failed on a bloody game. Vcore is not 1.16v holding good since it failed at 1.14 and 1.15

I was thinking would mounting the radiator as a front intake be better?

Edited by Matt-G

We probably need your motherboard model to figure BIOS settings and also your desired frequency for the CPU clock. "LLC Turbo" means it probably is not Asus, but I don't recognize it straight off.

The board that I am using is an z390 Aorus Master

It think if have found this issue it might have been Multi-Core Enhancement, I noticed my CPU were clocking up to 4.8 ~ 5Ghz randomly.

I have played a few games Run Adia64 and it seems stable currently at

XMP Enabled

VCore 1.18v

LLC high

CPU temps are now 73c ROGBench and 67c in Adia 64

Edited by Matt-G