Corsair Community

M65 Angle Snapping BUG

_Eagle1_

Hi!

I already postet this in another Thread, but I hope to reach more Users with a new Thread! ;):

I think i have figured out, whats the Problem with this Mouse...

Please try the following steps, to check if you have the same issue:

1.) Start your Corsair-Software and turn off Angle Snapping. If you have turned it off already, turn it ON and then turn it OFF AGAIN! Close the Software...

2.) Start Windows Paint. Try to draw some straight lines. Especially horizontal lines. You shouldn’t be able, to draw a perfect straight line. Close Windows Paint now.

3.) Shut down your System. WAIT 1 Min. (It is important that you wait at least 1 Min.!!)

4.) Turn on your Computer. Start Windows Paint. Now draw some lines.

-> a) If you have the same Bug like me, you should now be able to draw perfect straight lines.

-> b) If you still can’t draw perfect straight horizontal lines, you can stop the test!

5.) Don’t close Paint. Open your Corsair-Software. Angle Snapping should still be unchecked. Anyway, turn it ON and then turn it OFF again. Then close the Corsair-Software.

6.) Open the Paint-Window and try to draw the same perfect straight lines. You shouldn’t be able to do that.

NOW Angle Snapping is turned OFF again!

I think it is a Software-Error. But there also has to be a problem with the Mouse-Chip. If you only restart your Computer and the mouse stays powered the Problem normally doesn’t appear.

Would be nice, if all of you would try it out and give me some feedback!

I think I noticed similar with the M95. Angle Snapping would get turned back on after every reboot. Going into the settings the box would be unticked, then enabling then disabling AS would cure this, but you should really not have to do this at every boot up just to turn off a feature that is already turned off.

Thank you for your reply!

Of course this can’t be the solution. I only wanted to know if others, have similar problems.

If we assume that this is true, Corsair maybe can fix this with a new Firmware or Software-Update.

I think this Bug is the main reason, why people say the mouse feels imprecise.

I think this Bug is the main reason, why people say the mouse feels imprecise.

Those two are not related. The issue is caused by input latency or lag and has nothing to do with angle snapping. Mice that are aqueped with ANDS 9800 has shown this problem. Even Logitech G600 expereiacing same input lag. Mionix NAOS 8200 had similar problem, but was fixed with firmware update. In case of G600 the issue cannot be resolved as the mouse does not have flashable ROM.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G600-Mouse-Pointer-Delay/td-p/904278

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAfp5YPv7bA

Also on the angle snapping bug, open the vengeance software and untick the angle snapping now close it. Once is it is closed reopen it and you will see that angle snapping now disabled. Somehow the vengeance software can't remember last operation, you have to close it evry time you make the change. Similar behavior can be observed with Quality Surface test. I have submitted this bug to RAM GUY.

@ GobHoblin: Thanks for your reply.

@ Member: Input lag issue vs angle snapping: I'm right there with you. But for me the angle snapping bug causes a very inaccurate mouse movement. Now, if someone reads about the input lag of this mouse, he might think to have the same issue, although he only has activated angle snapping which causes the problem.

@ all:

UPDATE: Today I got my M65 replacement! It doesn't seem to have this issue!

You should try out, one thing: After you have checked and unchecked angle snapping, save the profile to your mouse. If your chip is OK, the profile should work after a system shout-down (incl. 1-minute wait).

My mouse must have had a defect chip?! :mad:

Could we please get some help from Corsair on this? The problem is real, and extremely frustrating. The thing has been out for half a year and people are still finding more and more problems with it, definitely the last corsair input device I purchase (which is sad because I love the way the mouse feels in my palm and looks.)

@GobHoblin

At this point I very much doubt anyone at Corsair is going to do anything about it. Franky, after doing my own digging it would appear the ADNS-9800 is faulty by design, and if you goggle it yourself you will see that neither Corsair or Logitech are willing to acknowledge the lag issue. Just avoid gaming mice with Avago sensors, they are improperly tested and very unreliable. It would appear that ultra hi DPI used as a primary sales pitch rather then actual true crisp, clean tracking. I personally liked M60 and G500 for crisp and clean tracking, but (edit sorry ADNS-9500) was unreliable and caused some mice to have strange behavior, such as drifting, jumping or not tracking. Some early Avago sensors were actually pretty good, not sure why the quality control went out the window.

I have given my m65 to my brother, he does not play FPS games and it works very well for doing excel spreadsheets. How funny is that, FPS gaming mice used for office use. :laughing:

Very true, and unfortunate. I used to play with Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. The mouse was great and served me well, the only issue I had was that sometimes the scroll wheel would auto switch my weapons :biggrin:

and overall the build quality was crap too.

EDIT: I think I'm going to give ROCCAT Savu a try, I know I know it has Avago 3090, but like you said it has not prediction, or accel and from my research the software is also pretty good. I read some reviews from actual FPS gamers and all seem to agree that the tracking is very accurate.

EDIT: I think I'm going to give ROCCAT Savu a try, I know I know it has Avago 3090, but like you said it has not prediction, or accel and from my research the software is also pretty good. I read some reviews from actual FPS gamers and all seem to agree that the tracking is very accurate.

Lol. Best of luck with an optical sensor.

• 11 months later...

Hello.

It has been quite some time. I have experienced the similar issue, but angle snapping DOES NOT turn off when the checkbox is unchecked. I've drawn a picture to prove it. How can i fix this? Corsair M65, WinXP 32 bit with all updates.

http://i59.tinypic.com/o51bna.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
i have the M65 and have been fooling around with the Angle Snapping option trying to see if it makes much of a difference, and i mean i have noticed a slight change in my ability to move the mouse in a straighter line, but i haven't yet experienced any of these problems you are mentioning, i don't need to do a full reboot, if i change the option, it juts goes right into effect... ill keep an eye out tho.

Archived