Corsair Community

HS60 is Crashing my Games

Chiraisu

After several sessions of attempting to troubleshoot various things about my games crashing under seemingly random intervals, I had ruled it quite a bit of what might be causing it, doing the easier tricks in the book and moving progressively onward.

This eventually led me to boot up and play these games with my regular, desktop speakers set as the default audio device. 'Lo and behold, ever since I decided to not use my HS60 headset, these games have not crashed since, and there have been dozens of hours logged since the last crash. Which was surprisingly and often occurrence. So.. that means there is 'something' that is causing my games to crash relating to the headset I'm using.

But what?

It could be an audio driver (which I can only assume are all installed with the iCUE corsair device manager) conflicting with any default/basic windows drivers that Windows thought was a good idea to auto install for this device. This would be fine except.. I have auto driver install disabled. I have entirely removed any drivers pertaining to headsets (including iCUE) and completely reinstalled iCUE, and yet, the symptom persists.

What am I missing, short of a windows reset? I am reluctant to believe that a reset or reinstall would even fix the problem. I highly doubt this is faulty hardware right? this feels like a driver crash, or a driver incompatibility.

something else to note, is that when I try to change the sample/refresh rate of the audio quality on my headset, it is grayed out and can not be changed, since that was my go-to troubleshooting spot.

Archived