Corsair Community

Keyboard input lag with EVGA Precision X

Stefans02

Hello,

I was struggling for a long time with input lag on my keyboard.

While playing some games I had a weird input lag, with slight delays pressing the buttons, or it would stuck for half a second or not work at all for half a second. Those kind of things.

Now I found out wat the culprit was, EVGA Precision X was causing the problems. I found out about this problem in Watch Dogs 2, and also in Siege, which are both Ubisoft games.

I had the problem in Overwatch too, but I repaired the problem in there by reinstalling CUE. And then the problem was gone. I tried the same for Siege and Watch Dogs 2, but for those it didn't work.

At last I thought it had to be a program causing the interference, and after messing around I found out EVGA Precision was the problem. So might this be interfering with CUE? Is this a known problem? Do more people have/had this problem? Is there a fix coming for this? For me the fix right now is turning of EVGA Precision when I am gonna play this game.

But I thought people should know this is the problem, and also the fix if people are finding the same problem.

TL;DR

The input lag on they Corsair keyboard (K70 in my case) is fixable by turning EVGA Precision X off. That fixed it for me.

Archived