Corsair Community

2/3 LL fans no longer working

crzyfsh69

I have 3 LL fans connected to the hub in series and the setup has been working for a 1+ years without issue. Today I looked over and noticed the fans plugged into hub slot 2 and 3 were no longer working. When I hot swapped 2 -> 1, fan 2 would light up as did fan 3 when plugged into slot 1. No setup (1->2->3, 3->2->1, 2->3->1, 2->1->3) produced a lit fan other than whichever fan was plugged into slot 1.

Is this indicative of the hub going bad or is it a software issue from the latest update?

All other components (RAM, CPU cooler, mouse, keyboard) remain unaffected.

Thanks for any guidance.

RGB fans work in series, each passes the signal to the next in the chain, so it can happen that a fan lights up correctly but it’s unable to pass the signal to the next. This can result in a fan apparently faulty but the previous one is the problematic.

On the other side, a faulty port can happen but it’s very rare.

You have to test your fans with method.

1) plug fan 1 in port 1

2) if it lights up correctly, plug fan 2 in port 1

3) if also fan 2 is ok, plug fan 1 in port 2

4) if both are ok, move fan 1 from port 2 to port 3 and plug fan 3 in port 2

If this method breaks in any point, you may have found a faulty fan.

Remember to always plug/unplug fans with pc powered off.

Baio

I have 3 LL fans connected to the hub in series and the setup has been working for a 1+ years without issue. Today I looked over and noticed the fans plugged into hub slot 2 and 3 were no longer working. When I hot swapped 2 -> 1, fan 2 would light up as did fan 3 when plugged into slot 1. No setup (1->2->3, 3->2->1, 2->3->1, 2->1->3) produced a lit fan other than whichever fan was plugged into slot 1.

Is this indicative of the hub going bad or is it a software issue from the latest update?

All other components (RAM, CPU cooler, mouse, keyboard) remain unaffected.

Thanks for any guidance.

Hi buddy...

so are you saying.. no matter what order you have the fans plugged in only fan one lights?

if so.. its one of 2 things.. the Hub or Software..

have you recently upgraded iCUE? and have you checked the Lighting setup tab in iCUE to make sure its still selected as 3 fans?

if iCUE config looks to be ok.. open a ticket buddy

and you are fine hot swopping RGB connections.. its the PWM side of a fan/pump and Commander Pro's that one shouldn't hot swap (not that either are supported by Corsair)...

Thanks for the advice - I'll give that a try.

Today when I switched on the two other fans were lighting, but they are stuck on a static color and won't respond to changes in iCUE. Starting to think this might be a faulty fan that as you say is breaking the chain.