Corsair Community

iCue Fails to Save Profiles to my Devices

Bfunky86

I have a K95 RBG Platiunum XT keyboard and an Ironclaw mouse.

Both give me the error that the 'device was disconnected' or the save failed when I try to save profiles to onboard storage. This prevents me from using any lighting effects without icue being active.

Any ideas? Both items are brand new, bought 2 days ago.

Thanks so much for the reply. Unfortunately neither option was successful.

To be more clear, this is the error I get when trying to save a profile: "Device is no longer detected or there was an issue with saving to onboard storage. Please reconnect your device and try again."

Getting the same message for my keyboard and mouse.

The error message is uncommon and it suggests there is some type of connection error between the software and devices. Occasionally users have general weird behavior issues with some 3rd party USB drivers or if they accidentally use 1 x 2.0 and 1 x 3.x USB port. Are you using the USB passthrough on the KB when connecting the ICW in wired mode? I can see one device glitching out for whatever strange reason, but to get the same unusual error message for both suggests there are sharing the same pathway. If so, try the mouse directly connected - front of the case or somewhere else. See if that helps. If it does, then that narrows down the problem. I don't want to start having you soft reset multiple devices unless there is a clear reason to do so.

Thanks so much for the reply, again.

Both are directly connected, and I have tried to save a profile on each plugged into different usb ports.

I've also tried to soft reset the keyboard, by plugging in holding the esc key, but after it reset successfully i got the same error.

OK. I never seen someone get this on two devices simultaneously. I would start a Support Ticket with Corsair (link at top of page). Perhaps a firmware flash will help, but you need to contact them to get it.

In the interim, you can try a soft reset of either device. I would try the keyboard first. I am not overly optimistic, but it's not a time consuming step either.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025348571-Mouse-Reset