Corsair Community

Backplate for h115i elite capellix wont’t fit z490 motherboard

Parmenedes

• 4 weeks later...

No idea why you would delete it, instead of just including the fix for anyone googling this problem such as myself.

If anyone else has this issue, the back plate, the screws can shift within the back plate. It doesn't look like it, because the washers kind of hide that the screws can shift and the manual doesn't tell you that they can.

So, there's the solution, instead of just deleting it.

Hi,

I am just trying to install H115i Pro RGB to Asus Strix z490-E motherboard.

When I screw the threads to the backplate, there is a 2-3mm gap left between the motherboard (frontside) and thread. I wonder should I put some washers between the backplate and motherboard on the backside?

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

I am just trying to install H115i Pro RGB to Asus Strix z490-E motherboard.

When I screw the threads to the backplate, there is a 2-3mm gap left between the motherboard (frontside) and thread. I wonder should I put some washers between the backplate and motherboard on the backside?

No need to worry! That's normal until you install the pump. Once you install it, it'll bridge the gaps between the backplate and motherboard.

No need to worry! That's normal until you install the pump. Once you install it, it'll bridge the gaps between the backplate and motherboard.

Thank you for the information =) I will make the installation with peace. :biggrin: