Corsair Community

570X + fitment inquiry

shadow85

I am looking at purchasing the Corsair Crystal series 570X case.

I am also looking at

1. Asus Z390 Rog Strix-e motherboard

2. Corsair H115i Platinum Cpu cooler

And I already have

3. MSI RTX 2080 Ti Sea Hawk X.

Does anybody know if I will have any fitment issues.

I tried researching this and it seems that another person has also got the Asus Z390 STRIX-E motherboard and a Corsair H115I cooler and the Corsair 570X case, and he had to cut off some of the metal heat sink shrouding from the motherboard to properly fit the AIO cooler fans in.

I don't want to have to be doing any of that or I might grab a different case

You also will have the GPU AIO 120mm radiator to contend with. The top mount 280mm doesn’t work for most and then you still need to squeeze the smaller radiator in back. You be better of with the front mount 360mm H150i or to move to a more friendly 280mm case, like the 680X.

Sorry, are you saying the 500D RGB SE also does not loke 280mm rad uptop?

How did we get on to the 500D? No, the 500D is not a replacement for the 570X. There are different cases with different features. However, it also does not have an abundance of room up top. You'll have to read the reviews for the 500D or wait someone who owns one to chime in.

Yes, we know the GPU radiator is 120mm, but you if you are determined to top mount the CPU radiator, then you must be able to handle the rear junction between the two. Once again, top space is a critical issue.

Edited by c-attack

Sorry not sure how I moved onto 500D SE RGB lol

Anyways, I ended up buying just that case today so I will have to work with that.

I really hope I can mount the H115i platinum up the top because I like it that way.

And the GPU AIO rad will either go infront or in the rear.

I really hope I can mount the H115i platinum up the top because I like it that way.

expect clearance issues wiith VRM heatsinks and/or Ram..

is there a particular reason you prefer it up top?

I know this case really well and have helped a lot of people build it in. so i will ask the question i asked all them.. do you need it up top because you think it runs cooler that way?.

imho... all the heat in the case will be pushed through the Rad.. VRM heat.. Ram Heat.. chipset heat.. so the warmth will be added to your liquid temp... where as mounted in the front gives the Rad cool air.. which in turn runs your CPU at cooler temps... yes the rad then expels its heat into the case. but its not as warm as the air you try to feed through the rad when mounted up top.

to add... i would also run the top fans as intake.. this brings in cool air and cools VRM/Ram and indeed the 'warm' air from the front mounted rad..

and in your situation i would then mount GPU rad in the back as exhaust. this would give it a cool supply of air from the top fan above it,

all intakes would be filtered,, you would be running Positive pressure.. Minimal dust and fluff build up in the case.

Food for thought buddy....

Thanks for your i sight Zotty, I will consider it when I build the case.

Only reason I would have liked the H115i Plat. rad. top mounted was because I like the aesthetics of it the most lol

But yeah, if I do have ram/vrm clearance issues then I may have to mount it on the front as intake correct?

Another question, should I be adding them as push/pull configuration if I have the CPU rad as intake on the front or top and also if I have the GPU rad as exhaust in the rear.

GPU AIO rad is 120mm.

If push/pull is reccommended on both rads, what extra fans can I get to keep it pretty with RGB? :)

Edited by shadow85