Corsair Community

Dominators DDR3 2400 XMP running at 1.665v?

RodrigoDRT

so i have a 2x8 kit part CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 Dominators DDR3 2400 platinum running at the default XMS settings

10-12-12-31-43 1T, the bios auto sets it to 1.650V wich seems to be the tested voltage for the XMP profile, but the bios also reads as real V an actual 1.638v.

when i up it to 1.665 it reads as 1.648v as real, i assume this is still fine? it might not make much sense but im going great lenghts here to try to stabilize my overclock @ 4.5ghz on a 4770k, but seems like pushing vcore more and more is not helping it, so im trying alternatives.

again, is it fine to run it a 1.665v with bios and hwmonitor reading an actual 1.648v ?

It's pretty normal to see BIOS level voltage reading different to what is set. Voltages tend not be perfectly static regardless. Generally, MB measured voltage accuracy is a bit off. Theoretically you could check with a digital multi-meter, but I would not suggest you do unless you are experienced with using it and having a problem.

Regardless, you are just fine to add a little bump to the DRAM voltage and it should have a negligible effect on RAM temperature.