Corsair Community

H115i pump speeds very very low

philhalo66

Okay so i noticed my pump speeds are insanely low, it should be around 2200 RPM (according to people on these forums) in performance mode. Corsair link and icue both report that it is running 2880 RPM, but the actual fan header says only around 1415 RPM in performance and less than 1000 in quiet.

I also noticed the temp is always 0.0C now. So how bad is the news on this?

First ... can you clarify which edition of the H115i you have? There are several.

And the fan header on at least one of the "flavors" of the H115i reports 1/2 of the pump speed. So ... that doesn't actually sound like an issue.

As for the temp always reading 0.0 - that's obviously incorrect. What app are you using to read the temperature?

This is one of those instances where you have to extremely precise about your model. I’ll go out on a short limb and guess you have the H115i (formerly H110iGTX) from a few years back. The Quiet pump speed is just short of 2000. The Performance/Extreme high speed is around 29xx rpm. The BIOS only sees 1/2 the pump speed on that model. You cannot compare this with the H115i Pro or H115i Platinum.

0.0C on the coolant temp most likely means you need to stop running Aida64 or HWiNFO at the same time.

First ... can you clarify which edition of the H115i you have? There are several.

And the fan header on at least one of the "flavors" of the H115i reports 1/2 of the pump speed. So ... that doesn't actually sound like an issue.

As for the temp always reading 0.0 - that's obviously incorrect. What app are you using to read the temperature?

the exact model number from the box is CW-9060027-WW which seems to be pointing to the original version. I have tried corsair iCUE and the current version of corsair link as well as SIVx64 all report 0.0C

This is one of those instances where you have to extremely precise about your model. I’ll go out on a short limb and guess you have the H115i (formerly H110iGTX) from a few years back. The Quiet pump speed is just short of 2000. The Performance/Extreme high speed is around 29xx rpm. The BIOS only sees 1/2 the pump speed on that model. You cannot compare this with the H115i Pro or H115i Platinum.

0.0C on the coolant temp most likely means you need to stop running Aida64 or HWiNFO at the same time.

Im betting it is the rebranded H110GTX then even looks like it. if what you say is true then the pump is fine, however a few weeks back it had some issue not sure if it was me or my system. I was cleaning out the rad and i didnt yank on anything or do anything dumb. But the next power on either the pump was not spinning at all or something came loose because my CPU overheated and shut off my entire system before i even got into windows. I pulled it out and tested it on my 3570k system and it was 100% fine temps were 29C (its cold here lol) and after putting it back in my system the fans either spun super quiet or full speed on one and the fan control didnt work and the temp said 0.0C ever since. im not sure what happened.

Ok, there was an “event”. Something seems to have happened to the coolant sensor. Since the fan speeds are tied to it, that makes the pump’s controller not very useful. I am not sure if the fans will stay at the minimum possible or freak out. Better to move them to the motherboard for control until this is sorted.

This is not even a rarely reported issue so I don’t have any theories other than “the sensor is not working”. I would start a support ticket with Corsair as well.

Ok, there was an “event”. Something seems to have happened to the coolant sensor. Since the fan speeds are tied to it, that makes the pump’s controller not very useful. I am not sure if the fans will stay at the minimum possible or freak out. Better to move them to the motherboard for control until this is sorted.

This is not even a rarely reported issue so I don’t have any theories other than “the sensor is not working”. I would start a support ticket with Corsair as well.

well unfortunately i bought it new off ebay so i dont think corsair will help me. but ill see what they say.

well unfortunately i bought it new off ebay so i dont think corsair will help me. but ill see what they say.

I think it will depend on who you purchased it from on eBay - if it was an individual person reselling the cooler or an actual company (e.g. NewEgg selling on eBay).