Corsair Community

Scimitar RGB mouse. Moving the cursor causes FPS drop.

I posted this in other forums, but considering that my issue is now only when I move my Corsair mouse, I've decided it is probably specific to this product and that I should probably post my issue here.

First noticed this in WoW, but at this point it happens in all games AND everywhere else on my computer. I could be typing in browser and if I nudge my mouse, my FPS will dip to like 5-10 FPS. Initially it was only when I moved my mouse itself, but it was also an issue with my mousepad as well for a short amount of time as well. The mousepad solved itself, not sure how or why.

I've run malware scans and taken care of any potential issues there, however I doubt that would've been causing an inconvenience such as this. I repaired the install on corsair utility engine and I've totally uninstalled the program as well. I've updated my mouse drivers. Nothing seems to help the issue and I haven't seen any other sort of advice here or anywhere else about this. Unsure what to do at this point and also unsure if this is even the best place to be posting this, but I'm hopeful.

If you have any advice on a solution or a better place to ask this question, I appreciate any responses of the nature.

Mouse is a Corsair Scimitar RGB and I run on Windows 10.

In addition, I have discovered that it only causes lag on the window that I have in the fore front. So if I have a video playing on youtube in the background, but some other window in front of it like my control panel, moving the mouse won't cause any issue with the video. However, when I switch to the window with youtube playing, moving the mouse at all causes terrible FPS drops.

Archived