Corsair Community

New iCUE Patch Ruined my Firefox Browser

platysaur

I know it sounds weird but it's the only thing I can find a link to. I was on Firefox as I was downloading the latest update for iCUE. After the update, my Firefox browser runs slow as hell. Videos are very laggy and delayed. I downloaded Chrome and it works perfectly, so I went and uninstalled Firefox, deleted everything, yet it still runs slow. I'm positive that the iCUE patch has to be the issue because it only happened after I downloaded the patch.

Edit: I discovered that the new update turned my GPU off. It was using Microsoft display adapters. I had to install the latest update for my GPU (one I did before) and it now works. What the hell, Corsair???

Edited by platysaur

Hard to say what's going on as you've neglected to fill out system specs.

I will say, however, that this is likely an isolated occurrence. If it was common, we'd see a LOT of folks on here screaming. I can also say that I've not seen this on any of my systems (and I also use FireFox).

Edit: I discovered that the new update turned my GPU off. It was using Microsoft display adapters. I had to install the latest update for my GPU (one I did before) and it now works. What the hell, Corsair???

Did you install the Windows 1903 update recently?

I've heard a number of people have had their NVIDIA driver disabled/removed during the update. As Devbiker stated, it may just be an isolated incident and you are working now so no need at this stage to call for a Spanish Inquisition.