Corsair Community

Wishing I had more custom effects and true controll of my RGB

JWetzel21

So after a few months with my Lighting node, 4 pro strips and 3 HD120 fans I have found myself enjoying the pure quality of the products, bright and vibrant color's and just straight out awesome effects that I personally love. Then I had a thought, what if we had TRUE custom options to our RGB setups. Because at the end of the day everyone has the same presets and cant truly be defined to the user.

So what if we had tools in Link to TRULY Customize our battle stations!

Here is how I would picture the GUI of this imaginary software. You would click and drag preset effects onto a timeline bar. Presets like blink, fade, quarter loop, 1/2 loop, full loop, marque, split ext. That would all loop on the timeline, and in those presets you have a wide variety of options such as "1/2 loop were 1/2 of a fan would light up in a chasing motion then just stop. So to continue, you would add another maybe in a different color and on the other side of the fan, so once all put together you would have 1 fan turn 1/2 red and the other 1/2 green still making a 1 full loop around the fan. Adding even more custom option you could right click a "preset" select advance so you could change color PER LED! That would be truly amazing! And make this all shareable to the Corsair Community such as what is all ready being done with Keyboards, because I can honestly say that I could make some very complicated but yet awesome designs if I had the tools to do such.

Another obvious add on id love to see is a Audio react/ Music mode.

But this is all just a suggestion and I would love to here what people would think about having TRUE custom options to our Case RGB like we all ready do for our keyboards.

And if you may not understand quite fully on what i am suggesting here I would be more then open to the conversation. I have disused it a few times with some other people who have invested into the corsair ecosystem like myself, and they think im onto something.

So after a few months with my Lighting node, 4 pro strips and 3 HD120 fans I have found myself enjoying the pure quality of the products, bright and vibrant color's and just straight out awesome effects that I personally love. Then I had a thought, what if we had TRUE custom options to our RGB setups. Because at the end of the day everyone has the same presets and cant truly be defined to the user.

So what if we had tools in Link to TRULY Customize our battle stations!

Here is how I would picture the GUI of this imaginary software. You would click and drag preset effects onto a timeline bar. Presets like blink, fade, quarter loop, 1/2 loop, full loop, marque, split ext. That would all loop on the timeline, and in those presets you have a wide variety of options such as "1/2 loop were 1/2 of a fan would light up in a chasing motion then just stop. So to continue, you would add another maybe in a different color and on the other side of the fan, so once all put together you would have 1 fan turn 1/2 red and the other 1/2 green still making a 1 full loop around the fan. Adding even more custom option you could right click a "preset" select advance so you could change color PER LED! That would be truly amazing! And make this all shareable to the Corsair Community such as what is all ready being done with Keyboards, because I can honestly say that I could make some very complicated but yet awesome designs if I had the tools to do such.

Another obvious add on id love to see is a Audio react/ Music mode.

But this is all just a suggestion and I would love to here what people would think about having TRUE custom options to our Case RGB like we all ready do for our keyboards.

And if you may not understand quite fully on what i am suggesting here I would be more then open to the conversation. I have disused it a few times with some other people who have invested into the corsair ecosystem like myself, and they think im onto something.

When you say that all the users have the same lighting effects, that's just not the case. I mean sure, we all have the same effects that are programmed into the link/control software, but there are tons of variations. I guess it breaks down to the interface and what you were really looking for in terms of RGB lighting.

When I purchased my Corsair LL fans with all the necessary hardware to light and then control the fans, I was disappointed that it did not have the ability to beat with music. Something that I find most other manufacturers support. Hell, even my Mobo does it with the built in lighting. If Corsair supports this without modding the current hardware, I haven't been able to find it in any iteration.

I'd love if the corsair fans supported this function, considering we paid so much for the commander and lighting node pro to stop them from looking like a rainbow puked all over the inside of my case. It seems like a firmware/software update would be the only thing needed to add in more options in terms of effects.

You nailed it! There are ways to get those features, but it would be great if it all was included in LINK or CUE so everything would work together. Sync-it looks promising. Fingers crossed that Corsair can get this on market quickly.

Archived