Corsair Community

corsair h100x pump rpm

Markus314

Hi,

I just assembled my pc and put a corsair h100x on it as a liquid cooling. The problem is that when I go into the BIOS, I see that the pump is going at 4100rpm. Is this value normal or is it too much? Also, it only allows me to change the speed of the fans, but not the speed of the pump, the rpm of the pump is always fixed. I have downloaded the icue software but it does not detect this refrigeration model.I have connected the pump according to the instructions, a cable to a SATA connection and another to the cpu fan.

The temperature of the cpu and the rpm of the fans are fine. It`s only that i don´t understand why the rpm of the pump is so high.

Hope someone can help me.

The X model is not a software controllable unit. Those all have "i" in the name.

However, your pump speed is not as high as it seems. That's the raw revolutions on a counter designed to measure fan RPM. Pumps and fans aren't the same. Most have a divider to turn the raw data back into the expected number. For Corsair pumps that is 2. The actual pump speed is 2050 rpm or thereabouts and is not adjustable. Some motherboard/pump combinations are read correctly and others are not. That generation of CoolIT partner pumps will read double on most motherboards.

No, iCUE is dividing by two.

The pump speed is detected by a magnetic sensor on the pump body, but to keep the impeller balanced, there are two little magnets embedded in it.

So each revolution triggers two signal pulses.

iCUE is programmed to divide by 2 the number of pulses to get real RPM.

The motherboard just gives the raw reading.