Corsair Community

9 Corsair RGB Fans and confused on wiring options

Scathefire

I'm working on a PC rebuild, using the Lian Li O11 Dynamic case and an iCUE H150i Elite Capellix. I'm also pairing that with 6 additional LL120 Corsair fans, for a total of 9 fans (3 on the radiator for top exhaust, 3 on the side, 3 on the bottom).

My question now comes down to wiring and how I maximize RGB and speed control. Here are the components I'll have available:

• 1x Commander Pro
  • 1x Commander Core (comes with the H150i)
  • 2x Lighting Node Core
  • 6x LL 120 fans
  • 1x H150i Elite Cappelix with 3x ML 120 fans

I'm a novice at wiring fans, and can't fully map out how I should wire all of this. Should I keep the Commander Core for the H150i, controlling both RGB and fans, and then plug it directly into the motherboard? In that case, the Commander Pro + 1x Lighting Node Core should be able to handle the other six fans, and take another USB slot on the mobo. Or, should I plug the Commander Core into the Commander Pro via USB, and then have the Commander Pro as the only thing connected to the motherboard?

Basically I'm not sure if the Commander Core should plug into the Commander Pro via USB, which would then plug into the mobo, or if both the Commander Core and Commander Pro should both plug into the motherboard separately via one of the mojo USB slots.

Here are the two ways I was thinking of as wiring possibilities:

First Scenario

1. Three ML 120 radiator fans into the Commander Core for both RGB and fan control, then the Commander Core will plug into the motherboard via USB
  2. The other six fans will plug into a Lighting Node Core (for RGB), and the Commander Pro for power and fan speed control.
  3. Then the Commander Pro will connect to the motherboard via USB and control the other six fans, but not be connected to the radiator or fans in any way.

Second Scenario

1. Three radiator fans into the Commander Core for both RGB and fan control, then the Commander Core will plug into Commander Pro via USB.
  2. The other six fans will plug into a Lighting Node Core (for RGB), and the Commander Pro for power and control.
  3. Then the Commander Pro will connect to the motherboard via USB and presumably be controlling all fans and RGB

I'd love any help from more experienced users who can shed light on what the optimal way to wire these are with the equipment I have available.

Thanks so much!

I did the same build except for LL fans. I used QL120 fans and both the Lighting Node Core and the Commander Core are connected to the Commander Pro USB ports. Then the Commander Pro to the Motherboard. iCue will show you all 3 controllers. Commander Pro for LL120 speed control, Lighting Node Core for LL120 RGB control, Commander Core for AIO speed control for pump and the ML120 fans and RGB control for the pump and ML120 fans.

Basically in both scenarios iCue should recognize every component.

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

If you have 2 Motherboard USB2.0 Headers the easiest way is to leave the Capellix plugged into its Commander Core, plugged into the motherboard. Have the Node Core plugged into the Commander Pro, then have the Commander Pro plugged into the motherboard.

If your board only has 1 USB2.0 header, have the Capellix and Lighting Node Core both plugged into your Commander Pro, then have it plug into the motherboard USB2.0 Header.