Corsair Community

Any update on the 12 Pin PSU cable?

SirSnoozy

• Corsair Employee
Just wondering if there is any ETA on this. I know there’s a link to notify when the cable is available, but hoping if there will be an announcement much sooner than later?

So you signed up for the notification already?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I saw they were in stock yesterday and ordered one. Order status is Processing so hopefully next week.

Yeah. Looks like 200 pieces are in the U.S. and another 200 pieces are in Almere.

Fingers crossed the shipping goes smoothly. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Is this going to be available in the uk any time soon?

e.g. on amazon.co.uk or scan.co.uk

I finally managed to snag a 3090 FE from scan.co.uk today (they are the bestbuy for uk fe's)

So would like a cable some time soonish for my HX1200i

• Corsair Employee
Is this going to be available in the uk any time soon?

e.g. on amazon.co.uk or scan.co.uk

I finally managed to snag a 3090 FE from scan.co.uk today (they are the bestbuy for uk fe's)

So would like a cable some time soonish for my HX1200i

Corsair Webstore only. Is the UK webstore showing no stock for CP-8920274? I see there are two in the warehouse, but that's such a low quantity, it may be an error.

I know another 2000 pieces are shipping from Asia this month. Not sure what day they'll land.

Corsair Webstore only. Is the UK webstore showing no stock for CP-8920274? I see there are two in the warehouse, but that's such a low quantity, it may be an error.

I know another 2000 pieces are shipping from Asia this month. Not sure what day they'll land.

nope on stock on the uk store

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/12-pin-GPU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920274

btw im not sure why people cry about needing a huge psu for the RTX 3090

im seeing over 100w peak power less with the RTX 3090 at 115% PL

than with my Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro + with a 320W PL

the 3090 doesnt spike the PSU anywhere near as much as the Vega 64 that i can see from readings

maybe icue doesnt pick it up im sure you know more about it

Edited by Shonk

• Corsair Employee

btw im not sure why people cry about needing a huge psu for the RTX 3090

im seeing over 100w peak power less with the RTX 3090 at 115% PL

than with my Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro + with a 320W PL

the 3090 doesnt spike the PSU anywhere near as much as the Vega 64 that i can see from readings

maybe icue doesnt pick it up im sure you know more about it

Are people measuring that with an oscilliscope. Because I guarantee you that's incorrect.

There are many 850W PSUs on the market that shut down when those fast spikes of power hit. You can't capture that with any crappy software or wall power meter because you're talking about spikes in the ms.

Any way... There's more of those cables coming in, so be patient.

• 3 weeks later...
There are many 850W PSUs on the market that shut down when those fast spikes of power hit. You can't capture that with any crappy software or wall power meter because you're talking about spikes in the ms.

Any way... There's more of those cables coming in, so be patient.

So far my 850W PSU is coping with the 3090 FE, iCUE software shows peaks very close to the limit (820W), but no shutdowns yet. Hopefully when stock becomes available for the 1200W HXi I'll have some more headroom (on pre-order, just waiting for stock at Scan).

I've only seen the 12-Pin cable in stock once, I knew I should have ordered it, however still hadn't managed to get the 3090 FE. Guess it's a game of patience.

• Corsair Employee
16 Days later still nothing

I see about 600 pieces in Almere and another 100 in California. Best Buy has a retail exclusive (since they have a retail exclusive on the FE cards), so that's how that worked out.

Just need the webstore team to "turn on the SKU" so people can actually buy them.

So far my 850W PSU is coping with the 3090 FE, iCUE software shows peaks very close to the limit (820W), but no shutdowns yet. Hopefully when stock becomes available for the 1200W HXi I'll have some more headroom (on pre-order, just waiting for stock at Scan).

The sensors in the PSU aren't sensitive enough to pick up the transient spikes that bring 850W PSUs to their knees. You need an actual oscilloscope for that. There are probably spikes in the neighborhood of 1000W+ you're not seeing.