Corsair Community

h100i Pro XT pump issues?

z1f

I have always done air cooling but decided to go with an h100i Pro XT for my 3700x. It has now been installed for about 2 days... and I'm not sure if I'm just extremely sensitive to noise or if there is a bit of pump noise from these coolers. On quiet, the sound is almost a high tone, making it not usable to me. Balanced still has a bit of noise, but it's better. Oddly enough, on extreme, the cooler sounds fine. I can definitely hear the pump, but I have to put my ear near a fan intake or exhaust to hear it and it just sounds like what I would imagine is what normal pump noise at 2600 rpm sounds like. The noise is 100% the pump.

There have been others that report more noise at the lower pump speed on the Platinum/XT coolers. Most often it’s air/bubble related as if the lowest speed can’t push it through the block. Bubbles can sound fizzy or like static when small or more like a gurgle or even high mechanical harmonics when large. Try lifting the end of the case so the tubes are above the pump/block. Put the pump speed on extreme first. 5-10 seconds lifted should be enough. Then set it back to quiet 2000 rpm and see if things have changed. You might also run for a while on extreme to see if things balance out. If you can’t make improvements in a few days, you’ll need to make a decision.