Corsair Community

Big Trouble. Uncompatible 100i GTX on ASUS Z170 PRO.

Altered

Hello,

I have a big problem. I think that Corsair 100i GTX is uncompatible with the motherboard Asus Z170 (LGA 1151).

I was just trying to install the screws and have there a loose space of 3-5mm.

I read that i just have to adjust, but now i cant unscrew.

Instructions dont say anything about that, so I have a new computer and i cant remove the screws. I turn the screws but I cant get them out the backplate.

[ame]

[/ame]

In Spain we havent any kind of corsair technical support.

I am really "worried".

Someone have the same problem?

Please, help.

Hello,

I have a big problem. I think that Corsair 100i GTX is uncompatible with the motherboard Asus Z170 (LGA 1151).

I was just trying to install the screws and have there a loose space of 3-5mm.

I read that i just have to adjust, but now i cant unscrew.

Instructions dont say anything about that, so I have a new computer and i cant remove the screws. I turn the screws but I cant get them out the backplate.

In Spain we havent any kind of corsair technical support.

I am really "worried".

Someone have the same problem?

Please, help.

This is why a H100i V2 is being released. Seems to be some compatibility issues with socket 1151

• Corsair Employee
1151 issues were only with certain ITX boards but unrelated to the standoffs seen in the video. From what I can tell there's something wrong with the bracket as it shouldn't be that loose. Make sure the rear bracket is mounted in correctly with consideration to the screws. If you still have problems, contact our support and we can help.

1151 issues were only with certain ITX boards but unrelated to the standoffs seen in the video. From what I can tell there's something wrong with the bracket as it shouldn't be that loose. Make sure the rear bracket is mounted in correctly with consideration to the screws. If you still have problems, contact our support and we can help.

Hello,

Yes, but I have a standard ATX Asus Z170 Pro, and I have that problem. I am sure, I used the appropriate screws in the right position.

Now I don't know how to remove this backplate.

Thanks!

Hello Peter,

According with the instructions/guide its in the correct position:

Thanks

Hi Altered,

Try to hold by hand the coolers backplate, and with a proper tool (female hex) or as Toasted wrote with needle nosed pliers just loosen the standoffs. Anyway, I have this cooler on my board, it was loosen also when I tightened the standoffs to the backplate. But after installing the CPU block everything holds well. (are the standoffs tightened well? are the threads on them ok?)

Also, if You check the corsair installation guide for this cooler, there is also mentioned that it can be loose and that´s not a fault.

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/2015/march/h100i_gtx_how_to

Check the guide, maybe You can install the cooler and try if it holds well. If it´s loosen (You can do firm rotation with low force ...) than there is really a problem.

BR,

Peter

Archived