Corsair Community

Void Pro USB audio problems

zevkorry

I got the void pro USB in around mid-September and it's been working out really well until about a month ago (problems started sometime in November).

Specific programs and windows would either be really loud or really quiet (to the point where I'd have to turn the volume up to 100 just to hear anything). It started out as a minor inconvenience but has gotten worse to the point where the headset is not usable.

Here's a list of what I have done to try and troubleshoot the problem:

-Try a different USB port

-Restart my PC

-Verified my drivers are up to date

-Tried different audio devices, everything works normally except the Void Pro

-Looked on the user forums and the support page

Here's what problems/examples I have encountered:

-Youtube is loud, Discord is very quiet, a videogame is normal volume at the same time(all combinations have been encountered multiple times).

-Poping sounds in headset, increases/decreases with volume

-Static, increases/decreases with volume.

I'd appreciate it very much if anyone else has any ideas on how to fix it and/or if you have experienced this problem. Thank you.

• Corsair Employee

If you right clock on the speaker in the system tray, and select Volume Mixer, are all the levels the same? You can try adjusting them independently with this window.

CUE doesn't have any sort of Loudness Equalization, or Normalization feature that adjusts per program volume. You might also want to check the volume level inside the applications and try adjusting those as well.

This seems to help a bit. I'm noticing the volume of different applications jumps up and down a little bit every second or two (not the normal thing that indicates the current volume and changes as sound is played). Is there a way to lock them in place and/or set a specific volume for each that isn't simply moving the sliders?

• Corsair Employee
If you've installed any other sound drivers or third party audio software, these could very easily have an affect on volume levels. In regards to our software and the Windows sound interface, there shouldn't be any audio adjustments like you mentioned.

Archived