Corsair Community

Update firmware Void Wireless

Krokarn

How long time should it take to update firmware? Should the headset be on or off when doing this?

I started the update with my headset on and checked next morning after a hole night and still 0%.

I have the latest CUE2 v2.12.66.

I have the Void Wireless Special Edition.

Has Windows10.

It shouldn't take too long e.g. 30-60 seconds.

Sounds like an error may have occured. e.g. lost connection to the headset, failed to download failed, etc.

Does the headset still function when the update is cancelled?

The headset has 37.03.

I have not tested in Another computer, but i can do that first.

I have other issues with CUE2 and other things, i will reinstall W10 and se after that if all my problems disapears.

Now i had tried in another computer but no difference, i did not work to update the firmware.

I got them for a few days ago and noticed that someone already had open the box and there was marks on the usb-dongle.

I will return them and they should send me a new headset.

• 2 weeks later...

To update the firmware, do i need usb 2.0? My motherboard has only usb 3.0/3.1(Z170).

I tried to download the older CUE 1 and tried to update the firmware, but it stucks when it says "Connect headset using USB Cable".

I wounder if a need a computer with USB 2.0?

Asks again because nobody answerd the last time i asked.

Exactly how should i do the update? Step by step, can someone please write it down here?

Open CUE - Click "gear" icon - Connect your headset via USB - click check for updates. If there is any updates for dongle or headset so CUE will show you a message. Or you can try to make a force update by clicking appropriate button. Are you sure that you are not using the latest firmware for your headset? I can't check now what was my version since I just RMA my headset because it was broken but I remember that it was something like 39.02 Second thing. Are you sure that you are using the original cable which was in a headset box?

Open CUE - Click "gear" icon - Connect your headset via USB - click check for updates. If there is any updates for dongle or headset so CUE will show you a message. Or you can try to make a force update by clicking appropriate button. Are you sure that you are not using the latest firmware for your headset? I can't check now what was my version since I just RMA my headset because it was broken but I remember that it was something like 39.02 Second thing. Are you sure that you are using the original cable which was in a headset box?

I have firmware 37.03, i have done exact what you discribed. The difference is that i cant force update, not even choose "Firmware Image". Sometimes it stands "Firmware v.?" and sometimes "Firmware v.37.03". On the Dongle it stands "Dongle Firmwarev.37.03" every time. Then Update and 0% and "Connect the headset with the USB cable 0%".

I use the original Cable which was in the headset box, it works fine because it works to charge the battery.

I have the yellow S E version with a receiver and have tested with and without it, put the dongle directly in the computer.

201324936_CUEVoidFirmwareproblem.thumb.jpg.7139258ca4e4c3863abd0168512a33c4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived