Corsair Community

Commander Pro not controlling HD120 LEDs

Sterdawg

I have recently built a new computer, I purchased two HD-120 three packs, and a commander pro.

So here's the issue; I have all six of the fans powered by the CP and the LEDs of course plugged into the lighting controller hub(which is connected to the CP LED 1 port), but only one fan is actually lighting.

All of the fans are running. All Fans LEDs work when I try them in port one on the hub. All fans show up in link and yes I've added them with the "+" button in Link.

Here is what I've tried to resolve the issue:

-Moving the LED connections around (I've tried every order)

-Moving the LED hub to port 2 on the CP

-Tried different LED hubs since the case I have came with one, and each 3-pack of fans came with one. I also purchased another one directly from corsair. (total of 4)

-Uninstalling and reinstalling Corsair Link

-Downgrading the CP firmware

-Re upgrading the CP firmware

-Multiple restarts both cold on/off and normal restart

-I returned and got a new Commander Pro

ALL of these did not work, I end up with the same result each time, only port 1 on the hub seems to light the fans, and like I said before all of the LEDs on the fans work when plugged into port 1.

I've scoured the internet and these forums looking for an answer and I've come across people with the same issue but it's never resolved.

I'm no IT pro but this isn't my first build, it seems to me like the CP is "bricking" the LED hubs if that's even possible? Any suggestions would help!

I attached a snip of the Link software showing all my fans added and CP firmware.

2069444184_CPfans.thumb.JPG.40cab8d0766888e58c419abac705e52a.JPG

Considering that you've swapped everything out, including the CoPro ... it's kinda baffling.

Some other questions:

1) Have you tried controlling them with the HD push button controller that came in those multi-packs?

2) Have you tried an earlier version of Link? Do you have any other monitoring software running?

3) How is the CoPro being powered? Are there any adapters in the mix?

4) Can you also post a cap of the CoPro configuration (not just the lighting)?

Also, please fill out your system details. I cannot tell you how often seeing the details of all of the hardware tipped us off to a potential issue.

Thanks for getting back to me, I filled out my system details.

I haven't tried an earlier version of Link, I guess I'll try that next. Both the hub and CoPro are just sata powered, no extra adapters. I have no Other monitoring software running. I have tried using the push buttons instead and they also do the same thing, only control the first fan in port 1 of the hub. I tried the push buttons after trying the CoPro however so I'm not sure if that had an effect on the hub at all? Like I mentioned before, it's almost like the CoPro is "bricking" the hubs. I'll try to post more pictures and details later on today.

Nope, no other monitoring or lighting software.

I was playing around with it briefly yesterday and noticed when I transfered my OS from the hard drive to my new solid state using third party software it duplicated allot of files including some corsair link config files, so I'm going to wipe everything and do a complete reinstall of Windows tonight. I'll post the results after, I'm kind of out of ideas for now.

• 1 month later...
having the same problem.

on the 2nd hub thats brand new and nothing. fans are registering on the commander pro but the leds will not work past port 1 on the hub. no other monitoring software either.

stumped.

Can you please post your Link configuration screen? Have you tried to rearrange the fans at all? Take a look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

I'll post some screen shots of my configs when i get off of work. But I've tried all the troubleshooting info i can find.

I've re arraigned fans and their positions. I've unpluged and replugged everything. Moved fans to channel 2.

got rid of ICUE, got the older version of LINK.

then purchased the led expansion kit, that lights up fine on channel 1 or 2.

upgraded to ICUE again. went through the settings and still is doing the same thing.

Hello people,

I kind of gave up on this awhile ago due to being too busy, but just an update for those of you recently with the same problem. I completely reinstalled windows along with Link and current drivers, that was the very last thing I tried and no luck.

The ONLY thing I tried that maybe gave me a clue to solving this; was that if I wiggled the RGB fan connector in slot 2 of the hub, that sometimes half of the 2nd fan lights would come on with no pattern or anything but just light up white. This leads me to believe there is some sort of electrical issue in the series of fans I bought considering this is my third hub, and second CoPro. IT HAS TO BE THE FANS!

I plan to replace the HD fans with more current LL fans in the very near future and will update this thread then. Again this seems very unlucky that all 6 fans are screwed up somehow but who knows?

Hello people,

I kind of gave up on this awhile ago due to being too busy, but just an update for those of you recently with the same problem. I completely reinstalled windows along with Link and current drivers, that was the very last thing I tried and no luck.

The ONLY thing I tried that maybe gave me a clue to solving this; was that if I wiggled the RGB fan connector in slot 2 of the hub, that sometimes half of the 2nd fan lights would come on with no pattern or anything but just light up white. This leads me to believe there is some sort of electrical issue in the series of fans I bought considering this is my third hub, and second CoPro. IT HAS TO BE THE FANS!

I plan to replace the HD fans with more current LL fans in the very near future and will update this thread then. Again this seems very unlucky that all 6 fans are screwed up somehow but who knows?

That sounds like a wiring issue, perhaps with the connector. What happens if you swap fan 2 with the last fan on the hub?

the exact same issue im dealing with. to a T. But all the lights were working in the same case before i got the commander pro. That is what is baffling me.

Please start a new thread rather than hijacking another thread. It gets very confusing very quickly.

• 8 months later...

For anyone that ends up coming across this thread in the future, I finally got around to swapping out the fans as a last resort. It worked! So long story short, 2 commander pro's and like 3 light hubs later and almost a year of putting it off, it turns out that i had 6 defective fans I guess... I know hard to believe,

I must've had a bad batch.

Archived