The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2019, 06:03 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016666
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

The easiest management setup for the above is to put one bank of three radiator fans on the H150i’s fan controller and the other on the Commander Pro. From there you can set both sides to be controllable with coolant temperature and set up matching curves. It does not matter which set you put on the C-Pro vs H150i. That will use the first three fan headers on the C-Pro, leaving 3 for the two top and 1 rear exhaust fans. All fans will be controllable through iCUE.

The ML fans that come with the H150i are not RGB, so power is all those need. The 3 front LL fans will run their RGB wire back to the RGB Lighting Hub. That leaves 3 slots for your LL top/rear fans (?).

Any fan connected to the motherboard will be outside the Corsair system and BIOS behavior will apply.

For fan speed control, you can use any combination of PWM/DC, Corsair, or non-Corsair fans. Where things are trickier is on the lighting hubs. You can only set a lighting hub for one fan type in iCUE, either all LL, all ML, etc. The program counts LEDs to program effects and a LL fan has 16 LEDs compared to the 4 on a ML. When you mix them together, solid effects work normally but things with motion will be a bit odd as the lighting will pass through the ML-RGB 4 times faster than a LL or only display part of an effect and the next part on the next fan. That won’t matter in this instance since your ML are non-RGB, but that is the fan type mixing dilemma. Note SP-RGB fans cannot mix with anything and need their own controller.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:11 AM
bsanders03's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016668
bsanders03 Reputation: 10

Ok. So I definitely want more LEDS so I am going to go with all LL Fans thoughout now knowing this.

Now... if I decide to change the 3 ML fans to LL RGB fans for appearance and lighting, what additional would I need. Obviously I’d buy the 3 pack that comes with the lighting node pro.

So would I only need 1 command pro for all of this?

That would give me 9 total LL RGB FANS. I wish they sold the H150i with RGB LL 120 fans. Do they?

Old 09-04-2019, 02:03 AM
bsanders03's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016779

I included an image of my possible setup. But upon looking at it, I see the RGB portion that would be controlled, but where do I plug in the 9 fans I have.

I don't think I need a splitter. I do see the commander pro has 6 ports for fan control, but I need 9.

I will be buying 3 - Ll120 RGB 3 packs with lighting node pros.

Remember I got an H150i that I am doing a push/pull setup. I am changing the 3 ML fans on it to 3 LL 120 RGB fans.

And I have a 570x Corsair Crystal Case that comes with 3 SP fans that I am changing out also to LL 120 RGB Fans.

The other 3 LL 120 fans will be mounted on the top of the case and then the back of case.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 1.57.44 AM.png (946.0 KB, 9 views)

Old 09-04-2019, 06:05 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016821
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

6 fans on Commander Pro. 3 fans on H150i. All will be software controllable.

There is only one change for going from 6LL + 3 ML (non-RGB) to 9 x LL120. You will need a second 6 port lighting hub. This is where the lighting power comes from. 6 on one. 3 one the other. Each occupies 1 lighting channel. How you divide the 9 is up to you.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:44 AM
bsanders03's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016824

Ok. But buying the h150i and 3 packs of the LL120 3 packs with lighting node pro and a commander pro is all I need. Correct?