Corsair Community

H115i Platinum not detected in iCue.. so frustrated

Kozmonaut

So I built this computer brand new, installed the H115i and turned it on. Great rainbow colors. Go into iCue, set the color to be something else, and was messing with the pump and fan speed. Then it asked me if I wanted to update firmware. I hit yes, and it gives me an error saying it cannot be completed. Then the cooler disappeared from iCue. I started getting repeated disconnecting and reconnecting usb sounds. This I hear is a known issue, but I see no one talking about it completely DISAPPEARING from iCue.. The pump itself just has a faint blue LED around it and the fans RGB is completely off. They seem to be set to Extreme setting now and are loud.. I know the usb cable is working because in USB deview it shows up as the H115i says its connected and everything is great, but even when it disconnects and reconnects it still appears to be "connected" the whole time. I know its the H115i because when I stop the corsair service, the disconnecting stops.

I have tried reinstalling iCue, reseating the usb, deleting and reinstalling the drivers, ending all "conflicting software". It astonishes me that it was working for a minute and then with no warning does this. I reallllly don't want to take it off and send it back. Can anyone please help?

Have you update the USB/Chipset drivers with the latest from the manufacturer's web site?

Also, can you try a standard micro usb cable to a rear IO? This isn't a permanent solution just troubleshooting.

I have fully updated my motherboard, but I haven't tried the USB cable. I guess it's worth a shot. Will report back.

Have you update the USB/Chipset drivers with the latest from the manufacturer's web site?

Also, can you try a standard micro usb cable to a rear IO? This isn't a permanent solution just troubleshooting.

Tried a new cable, same exact problem..

Is your cooler detected or changeable in RGB fusion?

Sorry I hadn't realized you were replying to the thread I made, thought it was another post I made.

I had uninstalled RGB Fusion to see if it would work, but I just reinstalled to check and no it isn't. Just my motherboard and my Corsair Vengeance RAM.

So I built this computer brand new, installed the H115i and turned it on. Great rainbow colors. Go into iCue, set the color to be something else, and was messing with the pump and fan speed. Then it asked me if I wanted to update firmware. I hit yes, and it gives me an error saying it cannot be completed. Then the cooler disappeared from iCue. I started getting repeated disconnecting and reconnecting usb sounds. This I hear is a known issue, but I see no one talking about it completely DISAPPEARING from iCue.. The pump itself just has a faint blue LED around it and the fans RGB is completely off. They seem to be set to Extreme setting now and are loud.. I know the usb cable is working because in USB deview it shows up as the H115i says its connected and everything is great, but even when it disconnects and reconnects it still appears to be "connected" the whole time. I know its the H115i because when I stop the corsair service, the disconnecting stops.

Sounds like your rig is not that different from my recent Aorus Master Windows 10 build (F8 BIOS), although I have the H115i PRO 280mm cooler. I've been racking my brain to try and remember whether, or not, I was prompted to do a pump firmware upgrade when I first installed iCUE - sorry, but I can't remember. My initial iCUE install was from the latest Web version, rather than the one on the supplied CD. In any case, iCUE should work perfectly on any GigaByte Z390 board, even when running SIV and HWInfo (as long as pump monitoring is disabled). I have the pump USB and the USB from my HX850i PSU connected via a USB 2-way splitter (eBay unbranded) into a single mobo USB header. iCUE sees and can control both devices.

My concern for you, is that the firmware upgrade failed. If you cannot re-run this upgrade successfully, then I would RMA the unit, as it sounds like the device firmware has become partially corrupted. Ref: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=181051

Edited by Yemble

Sounds like your rig is not that different from my recent Aorus Master Windows 10 build (F8 BIOS), although I have the H115i PRO 280mm cooler. I've been racking my brain to try and remember whether, or not, I was prompted to do a pump firmware upgrade when I first installed iCUE - sorry, but I can't remember. My initial iCUE install was from the latest Web version, rather than the one on the supplied CD. In any case, iCUE should work perfectly on any GigaByte Z390 board, even when running SIV and HWInfo (as long as pump monitoring is disabled). I have the pump USB and the USB from my HX850i PSU connected via a USB 2-way splitter (eBay unbranded) into a single mobo USB header. iCUE sees and can control both devices.

My concern for you, is that the firmware upgrade failed. If you cannot re-run this upgrade successfully, then I would RMA the unit, as it sounds like the device firmware has become partially corrupted. Ref: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=181051

This is exactly my concern too, and corsair support is giving me the runaround talking about rma'ing the cable, when I know 100% that's not the problem. Very close to ordering an Nzxt kraken off Amazon and returning this one when I get the kraken.

Just wanted to bump this and make an update for those who have the same issue. I went to Corsair support and they were little help, suggesting to replace the USB cable as if a micro usb is so proprietary. I told them to cut to the chase and tell me if the firmware is indeed bricked, is there anyway for me to fix it? They said no, they will need to replace. Fair enough, I initiated a return with Amazon, sent it back, put in my new one today, and wouldn't you know it.. It works perfectly. The rainbow colors all came back and iCue is recognizing the pump now.. Finally, after all this troubleshooting..

So bottom line is DO NOT PRESS UPDATE FIRMWARE ON YOUR H115i Platinum!! It bricks the firmware at least some of the time, as evident by the new posts on this forum with people with the same problems. I am never going near that update button again.

Positive note I guess is all the disconnects are gone because of iCue 3.15.

I just pressed the update firmware and now my fans quit and my pump has the teal colored RGB all the time. I have tried everything recommended by corsair and I feel mine is bricked.

Yup. Exact same thing happened to me. Same color and everything. Another one bites the dust. Unacceptable bull****. Why doesnt corsair just disable this update button or something it's practically an emergency at this point, everytime someone presses update they're losing money.

• 2 months later...
Make it Three. Dead h115i pro with maxes fans. No show in iCUE yet it shows in windows and usbdeview. Believe it’s 100% firmware related. Only have a dark teal/blue ring in one corner of the pump and each fan. So pissed.

• 1 month later...
Make it Three. Dead h115i pro with maxes fans. No show in iCUE yet it shows in windows and usbdeview. Believe it’s 100% firmware related. Only have a dark teal/blue ring in one corner of the pump and each fan. So pissed.

Today have same problem after a break update firmware...:mad:

I see H115i in USBDeview...

attachment.php?attachmentid=36440&stc=1&d=1567113509

USBDeview.JPG.79fae3e257111f4c580388fde7cb5c37.JPG

I just have my computer running I don't even see my H115i Platinum in USBdevview or iCue. However the fans are running and the lights are working. I also have 3 LL120RGB fans, and they appear to work just fine. I have an Asus Prime Z390A motherboard, core I7 9700k, and some Corsair RGB Ram (which also shows up in iCue).

Now, I do have the LL120 fans all connected thru a fan hub, since my MOBO does not have enough headers for all my fans.

• 9 months later...

Well - after reading this thread my experience with the h115i is fully explained. System can't communicate with the USB device in the pump; installing CCL4 allowed it to almost work, for a while. But just updated to the latest Windows build 2004; Corsair cooler is now fully dead and non-responsive.

I've never installed the iCUE bloatware... 300M for an LED controller? Bad enough CCL4 is 40M; but I've decided to unplug the pump USB, move the fans to a MB chassis fan connection, and call it good.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok figured out that windows 10 installs the H115i Platinum it uses a generic "WinUsb Device" driver. I Simply updated the driver to a valid Corsair driver and everything started working.

1. double click on your device in Device Manager and Click update driver

2. Click "Browse my computer for drivers"

3. Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

4. If not showing a driver for your device, Click "Have Disk"

5. Click Browse and navigate to the iCUE install location and choose this file:

---- c:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\driver\siusbxp\CorsairSiUSBXp.inf

## This should load the driver for your H115i into the selection window with "WinUsb Device" for you to choose from.

6. Select your proper device driver and install it.

After install it should be showing up immediately in the iCUE software.

Hope this Helps a lot of people!

♦♦♦ Girl1der

This is a well known issue with the Hidro Series and have been happening since the early days of the product.

Here you can find a thread about it:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=185478

In there, you will find a post that supposedly fixed the issue. I gonna quote the fix here:

"(SOLVED) I finally managed to unbrick my H115i Platinum RGB !!!

It bricked during firmware update via iCue. RGB turned off, fans went full throttle, and the pump stopped. The usual recipe. It wasn't easy to fix, but works better than taking it out to send it for warranty/repair.

Imma give you the steps, and i hope as many people see this.

Search your C: drive for a "H115_Platinum" .hex file. It's a longer name, but you can find it by searching like this. Copy the file to a handy location, like Desktop for example, and rename it to leave only "H115_Platinum_version number.hex"

Restart windows in safe mode (F4 option during recovery startup).

Make sure none of the Corsair processes did not start, if so, CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and close them.

Go to Services (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC -> Services -> Open Services) and DISABLE the Corsair Services. (3 of them)

Go to Corsair installation folder (C:/program files...) and locate the following application (do not open it!) XMCBOOTLOADER.EXE.

DRAG AND DROP the .hex file from step 1 over the XMCBOOTLOADER.EXE. The app should now connect to the bootloader, and force push the firmware upgrade.

If you get an error during first time, do not panic! For mine, it worked on 3rd try! Reboot safemode, make sure all the processes and services from corsair are ended/disabled.

When it will work, unicorn barf will light up instantly, and the fans will go to quiet mode.

ALSO, when you want to upgrade the firmware via iCue (very risky), do it in safe mode!

Some processes interfere with the connection between the AIO and iCue (HWInfo, Steam, Logitech control app)"

Trying and tell us if this fix it for you!...