Corsair Community

Switching profiles with the profile switching key issue

konrad_

So, when the CUE is not running I can switch between on-board profiles using the profile switching key without any problems. When the CUE is running, I can switch also between software profiles using this key, but... not all of them. Depending on what profile is currently used, the number of times I can change profiles using this key varies. I don't actually care much about this fact, because of that limit of one lighting effect per hardware profile, the possibility of saving profiles on keyboard memory is useless in my opinion, and I also can simply create a macro and assign this key to switch between software profiles without any worries, but I'd like to know why it is like this nevertheless.

So, when the CUE is not running I can switch between on-board profiles using the profile switching key without any problems. When the CUE is running, I can switch also between software profiles using this key, but... not all of them. Depending on what profile is currently used, the number of times I can change profiles using this key varies. I don't actually care much about this fact, because of that limit of one lighting effect per hardware profile, the possibility of saving profiles on keyboard memory is useless in my opinion, and I also can simply create a macro and assign this key to switch between software profiles without any worries, but I'd like to know why it is like this nevertheless.

The possibility of saving profiles on keyboard memory is not useless, because it allows one to move the keyboard and use the saved static lighting and performance on another computer that does not have CUE installed. This is particularly useful when bringing your computer to a gaming contest venue where one uses their computers.

Archived