Corsair Community

computer building -your biggest turn-off

many would say color coordination is the biggest turn off and mix matching colors ruins a build.

i think mine is seeing the led lights in a build,,having colored lighting as we all know is an absolute must but to visually see the led is something that really bugs me.

whats yours?

led's and windows are my biggest no-no on a pc.

I also like to keep my pc's all black components.

your old school,i was just like that for the longest time,of course im still an all black sorta person which is why i went with indigo blue in my build as with no lighting its very close looking to black...

I have been following your new build. it looks neat and tidy.

but not for me,

:D:you mean my career build...

in ways i wish id went different ways myself but too far to change things now,,,of course i do have ideas of changing things all around later on.

truth be known im still trying to find a useful need for it

many would say color coordination is the biggest turn off and mix matching colors ruins a build.

i think mine is seeing the led lights in a build,,having colored lighting as we all know is an absolute must but to visually see the led is something that really bugs me.

whats yours?

I agree with what you say for sure. Red and blue together drive me up the wall it looks so bad ! Wire management drives me nuts to. I can put a computer together with decent wire management in 10 minutes why must people have rats nests between there gpu and psu lol. Back of my air 540 isn't the cleanest but the front is mint and I know where everything goes. Due to its layout it is a VERY hard case to keep the back clean without custom length sleeved cables.

All my previous builds have been messy. This time though, with a 750D, it's had to be a lot tidier. Took my SoundBlaster Z apart and taped up the red leds, set my H100i logo to blue to match the couple of motherboard leds that were left on. Ran all the cables behind the motherboard. Neatest build I've ever done. Then I had problems with the H100i (3 of them) and ended up with an air cooler with 2 x 2 tone brown fans. Kind of spoils the effect, wish I could get a solid side panel for the 750D.

The trend toward all cases being windowed, no built in drive hot swap bays, fewer to no 5.25" bays, and leaky cases that will allow dust in are my biggest peeves. The 650D I'm going to move my present computer into will probably be the last case I will ever buy. It was the best case available for my needs but I had to do a lot of modifications to get it closer to what I wanted. The next case will be scratch built.

All my previous builds have been messy. This time though, with a 750D, it's had to be a lot tidier. Took my SoundBlaster Z apart and taped up the red leds, set my H100i logo to blue to match the couple of motherboard leds that were left on. Ran all the cables behind the motherboard. Neatest build I've ever done. Then I had problems with the H100i (3 of them) and ended up with an air cooler with 2 x 2 tone brown fans. Kind of spoils the effect, wish I could get a solid side panel for the 750D.

Ya I took the shroud off my fatal1ty and cut the led lights off. Friggin ugly.

Archived