Corsair Community

How do i control the color change on my corsair keyboard?

AshyBear

So i've had this keyboard (K55) for about a year or so. It was fine at first, i plugged it in and the lights were off and that was fine but then i plugged it in again when i moved and had to set up my pc again and suddenly it's a colored keyboard (it was a solid color pattern of like purple and orange and teal or something, i didn't chose it though i really liked it). Now i just updated my computer and when it restarted it must have fudged the settings and now my keyboard won't stop cycling through the rainbow. This wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't so fast. I can barely type because i have to wait for the keys to light up yellow and green to see them (i can't really see them when they're red or blue). I can't figure out how to fix this. I need help. I don't know what happened with my settings or how to even access such setting to change the color. I've tried pressing FN + 9 (and basically every number combo and iCUE doesn't register my keyboard). Please DO NOT link any videos. Thank you in advance for any help. I do not have the user guide or box as they were both lost in my move.

Well I just plugged in a new corsair keyboard today and first thing I had to do was stop the colour cycling... ;)

You need to download iCUE from https://www.corsair.com/downloads and use that to set it to whatever you want. Unless what you want is for the whole keyboard to pulse red if capslock is left on... then you'll need to come to these forums and poke around, like I'm doing!

If the PC/iCUE does not recognize the keyboard, you may need to make sure your motherboard (chipset) drivers are up to date. Sometimes devices get a bit lost and revert to default behavior if they go a while without power. Unfortunately for you in this case, the Spiral Rainbow is the default lighting pattern. iCUE is required to change the lighting, so the non-recognition problem has to get solved.

However, one immediate source of relief might be if the K55 has more than one stored profile. If you have a “profile switch” key on the top row near the brightness button (same as volume and media controls), it may cycle between 3 hardware modes, each with different lighting. Profile 2 is going to be the fast moving and erratic “rain”. That will not be an improvement. I cannot remember what #3 is, but the slower color cycle might be better with more time in visible shades. The final option is to press the brightness button a couple of times to reduce it to zero (off), if that is easier than the mixed lighting. Once the keyboard is recognized, you will have exact control over color and brightness through the software.