The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2015, 04:02 AM
kc5vdj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767434
kc5vdj Reputation: 10

What is the status of stock at NewEgg? We are looking at purchase of this and an AX860i (assuming certain financial issues here hold out without issue) on the 1st. Will NewEgg have these in stock on or around the 1st?

jonnyguru, can you give us an update?

Last edited by kc5vdj; 03-20-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:37 AM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767486
jonnyguru jonnyguru Reputation: 179
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

I'm still waiting for an ETA. I'll post as soon as I have it.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Ahtlon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767645
Ahtlon Reputation: 20

Ordered mine at 03-19-2015 In Germany, they expected the H110i Gt on 03-20-2015, now they say delivery is more as 7 days and some shops say about 27 April. Now I got every thing at home except my ddr4 ram, that come next week, but have to wait on the H110i gt, damn, so If I have bad luck, I have to wait a month for my cooler and I don't have a other cooler that I can use for now.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:59 PM
kc5vdj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahtlon View Post
Ordered mine at 03-19-2015 In Germany, they expected the H110i Gt on 03-20-2015, now they say delivery is more as 7 days and some shops say about 27 April. Now I got every thing at home except my ddr4 ram, that come next week, but have to wait on the H110i gt, damn, so If I have bad luck, I have to wait a month for my cooler and I don't have a other cooler that I can use for now.
Well, I'm sitting here having to use the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev B from my Lian Li PC-Q18 for now (with an aftermarket fan, since the Obsidian 750D is wide enough to do so), but, if you have to, there is always the S-word...the Stock heatsink...it's okay for like browsing and MS-Office crap in the meantime.

This can actually keep it in the upper 70's-low 80's crunching SETI, but I have a HX-650 PSU that glitches out and kills motherboards I think at a load between 150-250W, but seems fine at low load. It caused the same issue I had with the ASRock boards on my Gigabyte Z97X WIFI-BK, fortunately, pulling the CMOS battery and doing the CMOS Clear button (to discharge any capacitors) reset something to where it powers on again.

I bought this PSU used from the original owner on eBay, because of Corsair's good reputation. These have a seven year warranty, and it kind of irks me that I can't RMA it even though the warranty is still in force. We are buying either the AX860i or AX1200i on the 1st (depending on the price situation, right now, I'm leaning to the 1200i), and will be buying the one not bought in May or June when I do my wife's build (being on a budget and fixed income sucks). The HX-650 was to go back into the Lian Li PC-Q18 box to power a mini-ITX setup.

Previously I had suspected ASRock's cheesy PC Board substrate (their parts are not the problem with them, the board is), but this incident this week with the WIFI-BK now has me thinking that this HX-650 has killed three motherboards, and already glitched my WIFI-BK.

I ***REALLY*** would like to RMA this HX-650 if they would honor the warranty on it. My guess is that it might have something to do with when the fan comes on, if this does the silent thing below 20%. The one common factor is that it glitched the boards, on the previous ASRock resulting in VISIBLE SMOKE from a MOSFET, while under load, after having no problems until loaded.

We are spending a lot of money on Corsair in these two builds (Obsidian 750D & 350D (and add-ons), AX860i, AX1200i, and two H110i GT coolers, and later towards the end of the year, some K95 keyboards which still lead the pack on our comparison list). Honoring a warranty on a midrange power supply that is technically still under warranty would be nice.

Last edited by kc5vdj; 03-21-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Ahtlon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767770

Well the i7 5820k has no stock cooler with it, I am thinking to cancel the order and going for the fractal design S36, it is not so good looking, but cools the same as the H110iGT.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:21 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 767796
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5vdj View Post
I bought this PSU used from the original owner on eBay, because of Corsair's good reputation. These have a seven year warranty, and it kind of irks me that I can't RMA it even though the warranty is still in force.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the warranty isn't transferable. We would not be able to replace it.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:53 AM
Ahtlon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767987

Going to hold a little while with cancelling the H110iGT, just saw on my dealer website that he expect it on 03-24-2015, so I wait and see. Had to send back my mobo that arived this weekend, there was paint gone on 2 of the metal cooler plates on the mobo. Got a retour ticket from the dealer. With older boards you could fixed this easy with some black paint, but the new black paint has a rubber feel, so no change too fix it. So hope that i get a new mobo back this week and that the H110iGT and the CMD16GX4M4A2666C15 also arrive this week.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:01 AM
kc5vdj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 767989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the warranty isn't transferable. We would not be able to replace it.
Oh well, I had to ask. That doesn't change my plans.

It is interesting that so many companies, big names even, actually do though... Seagate, Wesern Digital (iirc), others...

How much would it cost to get it repaired? Would the cost be worth the effort and expense?

At this point I am theorizing that it has to do with the passive/active switchover point, and/or extended one third to one half loading. Switching or thermal issue, unless a faulty fan can do it... I would have to pull it out and figure out a good load. A discharged 12V 17A/h Gel Cell will draw about 20-30 amps with a time decreasing current curve for probably long enough for any thermal issue to show up... All I would need is a scope and maybe some icy spray... Unfortunately, I no longer have a scope.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 768010
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5vdj View Post
It is interesting that so many companies, big names even, actually do though... Seagate, Wesern Digital
Read their warranties. They both say that the item has to be purchased from an authorized distributor / reseller.

Quote:
How much would it cost to get it repaired?
There is no out of warranty repair option.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:28 PM
kc5vdj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Read their warranties. They both say that the item has to be purchased from an authorized distributor / reseller.

There is no out of warranty repair option.
Oh well. The AX1200i should solve the issue when I get it.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:43 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768127
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

I've been told that we're three to four weeks away from having product in customer's hands.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:41 AM
WizPip's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768232
WizPip Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyguru View Post
I've been told that we're three to four weeks away from having product in customer's hands.
Is that worldwide (ie UK), or will the priority be for the American market first?

Old 03-24-2015, 01:02 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768280

Worldwide.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:01 AM
Ahtlon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768526

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyguru View Post
Well, I heard it from my dealer also , so I cancelled the order and I thought why not custom , so I placed a order for the Intel Cpu cooler and the D5 water pump , now looking for a good reservoir, some tubing, compress fittings and a decent 360 radiator. Pity , that I cancelled the H110i Gt, but a month waiting is a little to long for me, Custom loop is twice the price, but also think twice the fun. Well my 900D has the room and the AX1200i has the juice for it.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:51 PM
kc5vdj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahtlon View Post
Well, I heard it from my dealer also , so I cancelled the order and I thought why not custom , so I placed a order for the Intel Cpu cooler and the D5 water pump , now looking for a good reservoir, some tubing, compress fittings and a decent 360 radiator. Pity , that I cancelled the H110i Gt, but a month waiting is a little to long for me, Custom loop is twice the price, but also think twice the fun. Well my 900D has the room and the AX1200i has the juice for it.
My wife and I are on a budget, and doing builds, so, for us, this is actually working out, as I had planned to buy an AX860i and the H110i GT at the same time, and rotate out the 860i later to her build, but we actually fit nicer in our budget this next month by just getting the terminal PSU for my build, the AX1200i, and she will end up getting a virgin 860i for hers. It would be nice if they could do a nice sale on the 1200i for the entire month of April or something.

We are figuring that her MSI Z97M GAMING will only need an 860 fully configured, and my Gigabyte Z97X Gaming G1 WiFi Black will need 1200 fully configured, and we can't afford to have power supplies sitting around, now, or later, so we are doing it max from the get-go.

We are planning to do custom loops late this year or early next, so, we are basically going to use the Corsair coolers until we get all the parts together, because of the performance, and the price. We aren't going to be doing GPUs immediately, so they will work just fine.

Indeed, last night, I finally convinced her that the 350D is too small for an INTERNAL custom loop the way she really wants one done, so she now wants the 750D like mine. She'll have the space for a really cool looking build with that uATX board in the full tower, and I get one of her two cages for mine, but will have to buy one more assuming I can do a fourth video card with one cage on the middle sled (going to be running two port multipliers off of one of the Marvell controllers, four SSDs, one DVD/Blu, and one eSATA, leaving two direct connect RFUs, one on the Z97, one on the Marvell, and ten long-term archival drives, all on the PMs), of course, my terminal config is going to be interesting, as I have to mod the back of the 750D for a hard-mount of a MO-RA3 420 Pro Black (I AM ***NOT*** SIDE MOUNTING ONE), and I can still end up with a nice tubing job inside (going to start with clear hardline, and later do large segments of that in black nickel (cheaper to do the clear up front, due to the number of fittings).

Anyhow, these H110i coolers will be the perfect coolers for a year, even after the custom loop, we'll be able to hold back these H110i rads for other uses.

I'm just glad she switched her choice to the 750D. I was dreading doing a two card loop in the 350D.

Tags
corsair h110i gt, cpu cooler, water cooler