Corsair Community

Commander PRO ICue Issue

fryingpan

Hello, I am having an issue with my commander pro and ICUE I have attached a video to explain better. Today I bought some QL fans and wanted to hook up up to my computer I connected the it all up properly via a node pro but in ICue the node pro keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. My motherboard is a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero and I am using the usb header on my commander pro to connect my Node pro. I already have done some research and tried disabling fast boot and enabled XHCI in the bios. Help would be appreciated thanks.

Heres a video of it happening.

[ame]

[/ame]

Hello, I am having an issue with my commander pro and ICUE I have attached a video to explain better. Today I bought some QL fans and wanted to hook up up to my computer I connected the it all up properly via a node pro but in ICue the node pro keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. My motherboard is a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero and I am using the usb header on my commander pro to connect my Node pro. I already have done some research and tried disabling fast boot and enabled XHCI in the bios. Help would be appreciated thanks.

Heres a video of it happening.

Hi man,

Can you explain better how you connected the whole thing?

As your mobo's manual states, you have 2 USB 2.0 headers onboard:

Cattura.png

But they are not identical, it's something messy Asus does with USB ports and I went trough the same issue with my CH7H Wi-Fi (the second USB is shared with the useless ROG haeder and it can't even drive the 2 USB ports from the front panel of the case).

As you see in the picture, USB 1213 is a double port header while USB_E56 drives half the power, so if you connect the CoPro USB cable to this port maybe there is not enough power for the whole thing and LNP keeps connecting and disconnecting.

If you have something else already populating the USB1213 header, go for an internal USB hub like NZXT:

Cattura.png

I picked up one and works perfectly.

Baio

Hi man,

Can you explain better how you connected the whole thing?

As your mobo's manual states, you have 2 USB 2.0 headers onboard:

Cattura.png

But they are not identical, it's something messy Asus does with USB ports and I went trough the same issue with my CH7H Wi-Fi (the second USB is shared with the useless ROG haeder and it can't even drive the 2 USB ports from the front panel of the case).

As you see in the picture, USB 1213 is a double port header while USB_E56 drives half the power, so if you connect the CoPro USB cable to this port maybe there is not enough power for the whole thing and LNP keeps connecting and disconnecting.

If you have something else already populating the USB1213 header, go for an internal USB hub like NZXT:

Cattura.png

I picked up one and works perfectly.

Baio

Thank you I bought the NZXT Hub and now it all works perfectly. A bit annoying to have the extra power cables coiming out of the psu but thanks again for the help!