Corsair Community

Hi,

I just had a similar problem today after installing the latest update of ICUE.

Whenever I press escape it turns up the volume and the F1 key turns it down.

I tried rebooting ICUE, delete all my profiles (I wanted to redo them all anyway), but the problem was still here.

I reinstalled the whole software and it works... until I create a new profile.

Edited by chdarro

Do not delete the profiles. Only the actions in the library. There are a near infinite combination of macros, so there is no guarantee. However, please list your relevant keyboard so we have a better understanding of which boards are reacting in this manner. Most people are able to resolve by flushing the library only.

Do not delete the profiles. Only the actions in the library.

As I said, I wanted to recreate them all anyway, so deleting everything is not a problem.

My keyboard is a Strafe RGB (MX silent), bought a few months ago and never had any problem before.

After reinstalling ICUE and creating a new profile (with no action in the library), the issue came back and I can't remap the keyboard :

An action that remaps the escape key (tried with and without retaining original key output) doesn't fix the problem at all.

What actions do you have in the profile? Key remaps have not been an issue. However, certain launch commands seem to cause an issue even the Library is clean. With complex macros, there is an endless list of possibilities. If it is something like profile switching, media keys, timers, etc., we can add it to the warning list.

This is specific to CUE 3.22.74. It will get fixed and it not related to your hardware per se. However, users with G key model boards were the first to pop up. Not sure if that is because they are more likely to use macros (purpose for buying that board) or if non-G key boards react in an different way.

Your ultimate solution is to roll back to 3.21 and wait this out until 3.23. However, that would require you to remake your profiles yet again. Profiles are not backwards compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing This exact issue. You and I have the same symptoms! Same buttons same everything. I click ESC one time and it double left clicks. Oddly enough I tried it on the folder and it opens two windows. That is how I determined the amount of clicks it does. Right now I am running the keyboard without the ICue software running and all issue are gone. I know this has something to do with the Latest version of ICUE 3.22.74. Ever since this update, I have been experiencing said above. This latest release feels like an Internal Test Version for some reason. I think Corsair needs to recheck this release and send us an Update Asap.

Recap,

ICUE V3.22.74 running: Symptoms

ESC KEY PRESSED ONCE ALSO ACTIVATES A 2X LEFT MOUSE CLICK.

ICUE SOFTWARE OFF: No SYMPTOMS.

I turned ICUE V3.22.74 back on. SYMPTOMS Return on Clean default profiles and on previous profiles.

I did a soft reset on the keyboard. Problems persist.

I forced installed current version V3.22.74 of ICUE ; Problems persist.

I am going to unstill ICUE V3.22.74 and install from Fresh. Update to follow. (12/7/19)

I am experiencing This exact issue. You and I have the same symptoms! Same buttons same everything. I click ESC one time and it double left clicks. Oddly enough I tried it on the folder and it opens two windows. That is how I determined the amount of clicks it does. Right now I am running the keyboard without the ICue software running and all issue are gone. I know this has something to do with the Latest version of ICUE 3.22.74. Ever since this update, I have been experiencing said above. This latest release feels like an Internal Test Version for some reason. I think Corsair needs to recheck this release and send us an Update Asap.

Recap,

ICUE V3.22.74 running: Symptoms

ESC KEY PRESSED ONCE ALSO ACTIVATES A 2X LEFT MOUSE CLICK.

ICUE SOFTWARE OFF: No SYMPTOMS.

I turned ICUE V3.22.74 back on. SYMPTOMS Return on Clean default profiles and on previous profiles.

I did a soft reset on the keyboard. Problems persist.

I forced installed current version V3.22.74 of ICUE ; Problems persist.

I am going to unstill ICUE V3.22.74 and install from Fresh. Update to follow. (12/7/19)

UPDATE: (12/7/19) SOLVED

I skipped the quick uninstall and reinstall by doing a Full Clean install using the following Link on Corsair's ICue's help section.https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Performing-a-Clean-Reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

A full Clean install has solved the issue which leads me to believe the issue only happens when updating ICue's software from previous Version. I am even using my existing saved ICUE profiles with no issues or symptoms. Recommendations:

* Download latest version of ICUE on Corsair's Website https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

*Export your profiles in ICUE to a safe location to your computer.

*Do a full clean Uninstall/INSTALL.

*Using the ICUE software after reinstalling ICUE, Import your ICUE profiles and force update all connected devices.

All issues are gone.

Hope this helps anyone with the issues above.

WORKED for me using K68 RGB

Edited by Gigz

A full Clean install has solved the issue which leads me to believe the issue only happens when updating ICue's software from previous Version. I am even using my existing saved ICUE profiles with no issues or symptoms. Recommendations:

* Download latest version of ICUE on Corsair's Website https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

*Export your profiles in ICUE to a safe location to your computer.

*Do a full clean Uninstall/INSTALL.

*Using the ICUE software after reinstalling ICUE, Import your ICUE profiles and force update all connected devices.

All issues are gone.

Hope this helps anyone with the issues above.

WORKED for me using K68 RGB

This worked for me as well! Thank you!