Corsair Community

Keyboard and mousepad stuck on red?

castlebAby

Hey guys, so I'm having a weird one.

My keyboard (k95 RGB Platinum) and my mousepad (MM800 RGB Polaris) are stuck on red.

First I want to say I have other corsair products that aren't stuck. My mouse (dark core RGB), my headset (Void pro Wireless), and my RAM (4 Vengence RGB Pro) are all working fine, and are puking rainbows like normal.

I literally have no other profiles but the default profile. Which is set to spiral rainbow. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of icue, which seemed to fix it yesterday, but I have come home from work today, turned my computer back on, and back they go to red.

I will also say that before I sign into my computer, they work on what I assume is their internal programming to do spiral rainbow before they connect to ICUE? Basically, they are doing their normal thing when I boot up my computer, and then go straight to red after I sign in.

I'm just totally stumped. ICUE shows the keyboard and mousepad as lit up red, but the only lighting affects shown in ICUE are spiral rainbow.

I did a few other things the first time, before I uninstalled ICUE to try and fix it, including updating my keyboard and mousepad, deleting the default (and only) profile, clicking the "view only selected effect" and nothing worked, so I uninstalled, reinstalled, thought it was fixed, and now we are right back where we started.

If anyone has any ideas or needs more information please let me know. I'm just so confused :bigeyes:

EDIT: figured it out. I had MSI software that was taking control over just those specific devices for some reason. Gonna leave this up here though if anyone else goes through this problem.

Edited by castlebAby
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...
Hey guys, so I'm having a weird one.

My keyboard (k95 RGB Platinum) and my mousepad (MM800 RGB Polaris) are stuck on red.

First I want to say I have other corsair products that aren't stuck. My mouse (dark core RGB), my headset (Void pro Wireless), and my RAM (4 Vengence RGB Pro) are all working fine, and are puking rainbows like normal.

I literally have no other profiles but the default profile. Which is set to spiral rainbow. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of icue, which seemed to fix it yesterday, but I have come home from work today, turned my computer back on, and back they go to red.

I will also say that before I sign into my computer, they work on what I assume is their internal programming to do spiral rainbow before they connect to ICUE? Basically, they are doing their normal thing when I boot up my computer, and then go straight to red after I sign in.

I'm just totally stumped. ICUE shows the keyboard and mousepad as lit up red, but the only lighting affects shown in ICUE are spiral rainbow.

I did a few other things the first time, before I uninstalled ICUE to try and fix it, including updating my keyboard and mousepad, deleting the default (and only) profile, clicking the "view only selected effect" and nothing worked, so I uninstalled, reinstalled, thought it was fixed, and now we are right back where we started.

If anyone has any ideas or needs more information please let me know. I'm just so confused :bigeyes:

EDIT: figured it out. I had MSI software that was taking control over just those specific devices for some reason. Gonna leave this up here though if anyone else goes through this problem.

Even a year later! Thanks for that Edit bro! @castlebAby

Been struggling for a bit, everytime like a few minutes after restart/Start, my keyboard and mouse kept going to Red. Was frustrating the heck out of me.

Reinstalled iCue, reinstalled USB drivers. Just for that sneaky MSI DragonCentre/Mystic Light to be taking control. Honestly, didn't even think of any other software.

For someone getting this in 2020 - Check in Dragon Centre under Mystic Light.

Click the Settings wheel on the Mystic Lights tab and just uncheck that pesky "Mystic light will overwrite third party RGB Software after system restart"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy crap this is awesome. THANK YOU. I never imagined Mystic Light will overwrite (let alone work with) iCUE. Can't imagine how many times I tried deleting profiles on iCUE and even hard resetting my M65 elite only to realize it was Dragon Center running the show.

Although in my case even though I disabled the overwrite setting on Dragon Center it was still Mystic Light controlling the mouse RGB. I think I had to delete the mouse RGB profile on Dragon Center then redo the hardware light settings on iCUE.

• 2 weeks later...
Even a year later! Thanks for that Edit bro! @castlebAby

Been struggling for a bit, everytime like a few minutes after restart/Start, my keyboard and mouse kept going to Red. Was frustrating the heck out of me.

Reinstalled iCue, reinstalled USB drivers. Just for that sneaky MSI DragonCentre/Mystic Light to be taking control. Honestly, didn't even think of any other software.

For someone getting this in 2020 - Check in Dragon Centre under Mystic Light.

Click the Settings wheel on the Mystic Lights tab and just uncheck that pesky "Mystic light will overwrite third party RGB Software after system restart"

Thank you so much i've been searching for an answer for like a week now because my mouse and my mouse pad were going always red

I've been trying to get my k95 to shine anything that isn't red for months now. I just assumed it was faulty since I purchased it used.

But then I received my new MM700 in the mail yesterday and it was only lighting up red as well so I knew something was amiss. Then I found your post and now everything is all unicorns and rainbows!

I have invested many hundreds of $$$ in this corsair lighting ecosystem so...

Thank you so much!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...