Corsair Community

Having Problems Managing Cooling and RGB Profiles

Noodlebobinski

So let me preface this by saying that I have a couple dozen RGB profiles set up in my ICUE, and I like to switch between them a lot. The problem is that there is an individual cooling profile for my h100 v2 synced with each individual RGB profile. Because of this, I would either have to designate a few RGB profiles for gaming and only use them, or manually change the cooling profile for each RGB profile when I want to game.

My suggestion to fix this issue is to separate the RGB and Cooling functions of corsair devices into separate profiles, and then have an option to sync RGB and Cooling functions with each other.

TLDR: let me manage RGB and Cooling functions separately in ICUE so they don't conflict with each other

You can copy performance settings (for the cooling functions) to all profile or to all profiles in folder. So you can group profiles that you want to have the same cooling functions for into a single folder.

But yeah ... I do feel your pain on that. I've gotten into the habit of copying a change to my cooling/performance settings to the other profiles when I'm happy with it. It is a bit tedious though as you have to do it one setting at a time.

Thanks, I'm glad the message got through to someone on the ICUE team

I'm not on the Corsair iCue team ... I'm on the community beta team. We're a groups of end users that help test new versions of iCue and provide general feedback. That said, I will be putting together some feedback for Corsair on this. I'm also considering putting this into a set of "iCue Tools" that I write separately and release to the community.

I do think that the easiest thing, right now, to alleviate the pain would be for iCue to allow you to copy ALL performance settings from one profile to another. It doesn't do this today ... it's one by one. You can, of course, copy a profile and use it as your base but that doesn't help when you import profiles or if you tweak settings. It wouldn't be the perfect fix but it'd be better than it is today AND something that wouldn't require a complete rework of how they do profiles and performance settings.

Archived