Corsair Community

570x with h115i pro RGB mounting question

Xxotaruxx

Hey guys! I got the 550x case the other day, which is pretty awesome btw, and decided to upgrade to some liquid cooling. I picked up the h115i pro since it had some good reviews and some slick coloring options but after some frustration I realised, as others have, that with the fans it doesn't top mount. After some googling I found someone else who was able to front mount it without having to remove any of the front fans. Does this set up look legit? And with it mounted like this which way should i put the inside fans on the radiator?

edit:made pictures not huge

rms6Vn3.jpg

p7ML90R.jpg

8TMdYj2.jpg

• Corsair Employee
It's a little hard to see since the fans on the radiator are spinning but you want to have the logo on the front of the fans to be against the radiator. The three fans in the front of the case are pulling air in and you want the radiator fans to do the same.

Yes, you have the two sets of fans working against each other. Turn the interior set of 140x2 around to face the other way. You will also probably want a 120/140mm fan for the rear exhaust. The top can be passively vented (no fans), but you will want something to help get GPU waste heat out of the case.

Yes, you have the two sets of fans working against each other. Turn the interior set of 140x2 around to face the other way. You will also probably want a 120/140mm fan for the rear exhaust. The top can be passively vented (no fans), but you will want something to help get GPU waste heat out of the case.

How does this look? I flipped them around. I was about to get a rear fan, but decided to wait. I'll go ahead and pick one up next time I'm at the store.

fn0Bo0b.jpg

Now you are good! One thing to keep in mind when running this set up on the front is fan speed control. By default, the two 140mm fans are (probably) connected to the pump fan splitter and adjust their speed based on coolant temperature. This is how it is supposed to work. However, they can run quite fast with the Balanced and Performance presets and these were designed to be aggressive and just for two fans only. With the double sets of fans, you are not going to have a lot of trouble getting air through the radiator. My 8700K is set to 5.0/1.30 and I don't need more than 800 rpm with a single pair of 140mm fans to get the coolant temperature less than +6C. You will want the two front sets of fans to run similar speeds to avoid some odd air/buffeting noises that can sometimes happen when the speeds are too far apart. This does not need to be super complicated. Keep the speeds low. You should not need more than 1000 rpm ever, but can certainly experiment on your own.

I think my preference would be to create a really quiet profile for desktop work and then a "gaming" profile for play with a fixed front fan speed, just below the point where the fans are noticeable.

Archived