Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro Live Update 6 list of Incompleted updates

RC_ONE

Hi!

New Corsair One Pro Ti owner here (CS-9000009-NA). I'm still exploring it, with a few minor issues to resolve which is normal for any new system.

So I have a question about the Live Update 6 which came preinstalled. I performed a scan and went with the Total Installer option to update the 6 items that showed as having newer (or no) versions on the system out of the box.

Live Update proceeded to download the updates, and then apparently failed to install them. In the History tab, it shows the Status of the six updates as "Incompleted" - see IMG below.

My question is how do I get Live Update 6 to work as expected? I've seen that it works for some MSI Mobo users, and would appreciate that experience with my Corsair One Pro as well.

I realize one suggested "fix" for networking components has been to uninstall them from the system first, then update with Live Update 6. That seems counter-intuitive for a mature update system, finicky, and time wasting. Doesn't the app handle the total install process?

Please note I'm hoping for solutions other than, "don't use it".

Thanks!

bzudZEbVOiZsjkpU2OcX_8WnfJMUShvSqcrDlCB_-2BLOoyHssRgMfjUDOgNNK_oM9YjgmMe5effgIVkUVP2M1VHuwI7PrdN08zUY40oYfM_Awi9M67u8hF9UNQuuRMLRTU84w3VKR4ntdXKAcRINpaxAxpxz6le1LF8k0HzM1vxnqwILD7o8XiZDkFxzuSInW_WCywgw72Rcpmz5awRzDXAM8Papp_1BjQeCZDCpGOOLKBfojKioc7OkoP6h3QhSUs_XafQ_d8HyfO2AuS1fvqcJLBk5rofUGSjoEWDtoIm8shECKeL8D6GwWVigVxjV6vRlI5qNGNInV_WoNUQShrGguLz4trvmUsj3oi9a9MBa4LXvzvPVSD8r7kpVPyz_UG8ZDp2xdRxaJaXzD3Oi16CnfRqZl6tIC-Pyq_0bQR_cMKZXCVlWMan6z0OcTcFHkSgbA2FbacjYsVou2KoYb_CcHpxFwJXsHjisWHKeVHdPTXwx7reu4aZ8CCZgV9IZQMrpn2O4bRNZ0v9SZwGgLjQI-1sWCXcOjN7PZ6wBE9PNyfdcfsleH-8q3EjDa7XXXo8_1FlyiF1R3WGBIdd1TPjfmDYsRX1iA-0fkzRHMHMr894Us1uFWCXxAox3B6a9kpyltWw856XHQu_1cqM8XIihclT8uxeNA=w850-h650-no

*Note: I also found a bug in the forum software. If you have 1 too many tags, then add an image...it doesn't convert the image link to the image itself in preview post until you remove the extra tag. Weird.

This is unusual. If your Corsair One is running fine, I'd say don't worry about updating these drivers for now. I've logged the bug with my software team.

Thank you. Though performance isn't the only reason to update drivers. Features and security patching are as well. Outdated drivers are often an exploitable security hole, so I prefer to keep them updated.

I look forward to a solution from the software team.

• 2 weeks later...

Same exact problem here...tried to do an update with the MSI Live Update and everything it claimed to update ended up being listed as Incomplete.

This piece of software is pretty much nonfunctional, as I ended up updating my drivers manually...and since then, doing a scan with Live Update still shows my system as having OLD drivers installed or not having ANY drivers installed (as is the case with the WiFi)...

Screen shot attached:

120110456_MSILIVEUPDATE.png.804f13038d0b08a4863f98bda877eae5.png

I was going to post this earlier today but became busy with work.

Having read the issues on MSI's forums with Live Update 6, I manually uninstalled the drivers it was trying to update, then allowed Live Update 6 to install the new driver updates. This isn't an optimal experience, but at least Live Update 6 easily identifies which drivers require updating, and seemingly was working as expected with this limitation...except for when something like this happens...

The Wireless Driver currently installed (by Live Update 6) is version 19.71.0.4 as seen here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31382&stc=1&d=1508543095

However, Live Update 6 now keeps trying (unsuccessfully) to install an older Wireless Driver (version 19.30.0000.5429) , as seen here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31383&stc=1&d=1508543259

UpdatedWirelessDriver.PNG.7bfb3ba4354f8678045980847cafe2c7.PNG

LiveUpdate6WirelessDriver.PNG.a7302db100b849422ca530e7bbf1abec.PNG

All Corsair One Pro users will see these same issues. I have gone through much the same actions as above and for the last few weeks have been running the AC 8265 BT/dual band drivers direct from Intel, without issues. Current as of 1st October network adapter v.20.0.2.3 and BT v.20.0.0.11. This link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

For an overall view of C1 performance I ran Microsoft's perfmon:

Win Key + R then perfmon-enter

Dave

Archived