blackweb

Both failed in my home built Corsair/Aorus system:

Aorus z390 Ultra

Aorus 2080ti Extreme

i7 9900k

Samsung Pro 1TB SSD

Corsair h100i platinum rgb cooler

Corsair Obsidian 500 RGB Case

Both kits failed, the first had both a ram chip failure on one DIM as well as LED issues. The second kit both DIMMs had LED issues blinking on and off and may have had a bad DIMM. I am now running Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 32GB kit and it seems ok so far. Icue was able to detect errors in both sets of Dominator Platnium RGB.

Now I am told that I have to have my reciept but i never recieved the RMA email anyway so what difference does it make?

Ref #2001185384

All I can find is the two sets of bad DIMMS but it looks like I am stuck with them.

I do not recommend that anyone buy corsair dominator platinum RGB given its extremely high failure rate. I cant say much for corsair customer service either. Given the high failure rate of the dominator rgb, I would only want to trade them for the vengeance pro, not more dominator platinum.

Edited by Technobeard
fixed reference number

I do not recommend that anyone buy corsair dominator platinum RGB given its extremely high failure rate. I cant say much for corsair customer service either. Given the high failure rate of the dominator rgb, I would only want to trade them for the vengeance pro, not more dominator platinum.

First off I have the Dominator Platinum RGB modules and have no issues with them. I've had mine since January of this year. My system.

Anyway I believe you'll need to send a copy of your receipt "before" you get the RMA approved. You can always call and ask. No need to hold onto dead modules. And you're creating your own bitterness by not following up.

Good luck.

• Administrators

Hi blackweb, you had a digit missing on your ticket number. I've updated your post with the correct info.

What's the part number on the memory stick? Did you purchase two kits of memory (e.g. TWO 2x16GB kits) ?

Do you recall where they were purchased?