Corsair Community

Can I combine CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 and CMK16GX4M2D3600C18?

softsoph

So I bought CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 RAM over a month ago now and my friend knew I was building a computer and bought me ram too for my birthday thinking it would put me at 32 GB.

However the problem is I don't know if I can mix these two, and I can't return my 3600 MHz and I think my friend can't return the 3200 MHz anymore because the store only offered 14 days return time and he bought it pretty prematurely.

Does anyone know if these two are likely to not run together?:[pouts:

There is always a chance (even strong probability) mixed kits won’t work together. You will not be able to use XMP. You will need to set the primary timings and voltage manually, which isn’t so bad. Hopefully that is enough. Having to work the lower timings for stability can be really grueling. I would start with 2133 default settings and see if they boot. Then you can try something higher. It’s also a good idea to make a system image or other Windows back up before starting this. RAM based crashes are more likely to corrupt the OS than standard cpu overclocking and getting stuck in a boot loop is not fun.