Corsair Community

New Corsair TwinX 1024MB 3200c2PT won't post on new ASUS p4c800-e deluxe

hhempel

I am a relatively new builder... Your help would be MOST appreciated! I receive 3 beeps from the MOBO when trying to boot. Memory is properly seated. Memory is in the correct slots (A1 & B1). The system boots fine and runs well with Corsair CMX256a-2700c2PT (x2) that I swapped out of my server temporarily. The Corsair TwinX 1024MB-3200C2PT works fine in the above mentioned server (ABIT KV7 running AMD 2100)... Passes memory tests etc... My conclusion is that the new ASUS MOBO is "at fault"... I flashed the bios to the latest rev. (1015)... No luck... Perhaps there is a bios default that needs to be tweaked? Seems like the MOBO never gets past the most basic memory check before hanging... I have read numerous posting around the web that refer to USB issues, etc... I have tested the board/memory combo with nothing attached and it still faults... ASUS has a small list of 'compatible' memory that does NOT include Corsair... I would prefer to use the memory I have and avoid new memory purchase... Worst case, I can buy some "compatible" memory for the desktop and leave the Corsair 3200 in the server... Thanks in advance! Hugh ---------------------------- Desktop: P4 2.8E, Stock cooling ASUS p4c800-e, (2) Corsair TwinX 3200 (not working, currently installed in server)) Radeon 9800pro RAID 0 (pair WD260 Raptor) Server: AMD 2100 ABIT KV7 Zalman copper cooler (2) Corsair cmx512mb (swapped into desktop for now) RAID 1 (pair 250GB WD)

I may have slightly mistated the parts in my original post... I have the TwinX label on the DIMM strips, but the exact part numbers are: CMX512R-3200C2PT (x2) I assume that this means "registered"... Does this help determine the issue? Thanks in advance!!! Hugh

Even though I don't like the answer, I really appreciate your assistance... Hugh [quote name='RAM GUY']I am sorry, but this MB will not support regsitered modules. Please see if the reseller will let you return these and get the same part# with no "R" or "RE" in the part#.[/QUOTE]

Archived