Corsair Community

CPro + iCUE PErformance Settings question

cmdshft

I went to drain my loop today in order to change up some fittings today, went to refill the loop and noticed that my pump would not run at 100% using my 24-pin jumper, so my loop would not fill up. Every time I flipped the PSU switch, it would run 100% for about 2-3 seconds, then run slow.

I had no choice but to boot the system up while slowly filling my res so when iCue loaded, if my pump was still alive, it wouldn't suck in air and overheat anything. My pump came alive again after I set the pump to 100% duty cycle.

To test an idea, I left it that way in iCue and rebooted with my jumper. And the pump ran at 100%.

So does the CPro run pumps based on the last known config it was set to in iCue? Why does it do this and is there a way to disable this so I can leave it on my normal profile and not need to remember to switch to my 100% profile when I want to drain and refill?

It should be at the last known speed and since the C-Pro gets power while using the jumper, any connected thermal probes should also still function. It should run its normal routine.

For filling purposes, your work around is to disconnect the PWM control wire for the pump connected to the Commander Pro. Without the PWM signal, it will revert to 100%. However, make sure you do not re-connect the PWM line to the Commander Pro while it is powered on. This seems harmless enough and I have done it dozens of times with other pumps and what seems like a million times with fans. The XD5 does not like this and you have a genuine chance to blow the C-Pro header and the pump PWM controller. I did this almost immediately and I am not alone. Finish filling, power down, remove the jumper, then connect the PWM line back.