Corsair Community

Trying to repair an old Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i

Kylian.v

Hi! Im trying to get some help with my little project.

My Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i stop working, so i purchased a new h115i, my old one has done an awesome job so no need to change to a different brand.

So my jorney starts with some video tutorials on youtube.

First i dissasemble the backplate and clean all, i had some algae there.

I thought that was the problem but no luck, the flow was near none.

So next i dissasemble the cover and without breaking the two wires i check if the pump was moving, was in perfect condition.

So i assemble all, fill it with cooler and plug it in the pc, corsair link reported 2300-2700 rpm on the pump, but still no flow, and was heating the backplate instead of cooling it, so i was so confused, if the pump is working and the backplate is clean why i have no flow?

I saw some videos and this pump was no famous for having a lot of flow but mine has near none.

So i purchased new tubes, again clean the backplate assemble all togheter again but nothing, still no flow.

At this point i dont know what else to do, the pump is working, the tubes are new, the radiator is flus and has no clots, what is happening?

So anything you can tell me to help will be so much appreciated!

Sorry for my english.

There is not much else we can recommend on this end. There aren't technical diagrams available and knowledge will be limited to those who have taken apart a H80i/H100i series cooler -- which will be few.

Make sure the jet plate is aligned correctly. I can't think of anything else that could block the flow and any kind of foreign material blockage seems pretty doubtful at this point. The other thing to consider is the pump may spin, but no longer be capable of moving the fluid. That could occur if there was some type of physical issue on the pump. What setting is providing the 2300-2700 RPM speed? Quiet or Performance? Is the pump speed cycling through that range? Or is it steady?

Hi, thank you so much for your answer.

unfortunately i can't control the pump via software, so the pump is in default mode allways, this model don't allow to do it.

The last thing i tried is remove the thing that is inside a white rubber thing, and the flow quickly pump up, so i think is something to do with it, but you dont need to do be an engineer to figure how to put it again has only one position, so if its clean i dont know.

I think abaut what you say abaut the pump no longer be capable of moving the fluid and may be you are right, without the thing inside i have nice flow but its not supposed to be like that, so maybe ?

The pump is steady all the time it fluctuates hust a bit.

I link a video with the flow with the pump when it was new, i dont have anything like it just some drops nothing else.

[ame]

[/ame]

I dont want to quit especially when without the thing inside, i link a forum where you can see it, i have nice flow.

Anything eslse you can think of ?

https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?p=578217

Again thank you so much for taking the time to answer me, so much help so far.

It's been a little while since I've discussed a 2013 era H100i. You're right - pump speed was fixed on those two models at around 2200 rpm +-100. That is why I was wondering about the up to ~2700 rpm pump speed. It is not uncommon to see a failing pump start to over-rev and when users come back and say their pump is running +300 rpm over specification, it usually means trouble is imminent. Could be some part is not actuating the fluid and thus there is less resistance and in turn higher than expected pump speed. It could be an internal pump bearing issue. It's really hard to say and equally hard to fix. There is a reason the ones that die get recycled versus refurbished.

I am not sure what to recommend for you in terms of positive progress. It likely would be difficult to source parts for a 7 year old cooler with proprietary components. I'll try and get an exact specification number for the pump speed, but that plus the actual tiny trickle it is producing seems like a difficult problem to overcome.