Corsair Community

Worst keyboard really i am so frustrated with it

nitinbaid20

I bought the keyboard on 20/19/2018 for 15000 INR approx 200USD KEYBOARD?? you expect great things including the life of the hardware buttons and RGB specially as its all about RGB

But it was hardly a year after few RGB leds are dead after a day or two more DEAD RGB got it replaced on August 2019

now again its JUNE 2020 replacement keyboard is like 9 months old and again all of sudden DEAD BLUE LED of

6 Keys in a ROW in(ERTYUI line)

4 Keys in a ROW in (ASD including CAPSLOCK KEY line)

4 Keys in a ROW in (VBNM line)

i mean what happened in a sec? that results in this? a 200$ worth of keyboard should now do such things i dont want to drive like 35KM from my home to service center when world is already at you know how things are more over i dont even know how hoe much time its gonna take them to give me the replacement UNIT last time they took like 2 weeks when everything was normal and now....

Please are there any alternatives?

Hi there again just for an update

i am uploading the photos of keyboard 1st one is from last night. you can see the DEAD LED'S color

but today in morning few of them are fixed itself?

and there was a time while typing this only "S" Keyword has only purple tint rest all are white.

is it some hardware wire fault?

IMG_20200602_013657.thumb.jpg.5cc4548df0623f5a3e3f75bdf503c128.jpg

IMG_20200602_114236.thumb.jpg.feffca7bfb6feea2240966a480a93186.jpg

Certainly looks like some of the RGB channels are defective. Not sure about the wiring in this keyboard but for the pic of the keyboard all in white RGB the purple colors seems to indicate the green channel is dead.

Set the keyboard to all green, does the purple keys go black or do they go green?

If with keyboard set to green color and the purplish keys go black it's a hardware problem you will have to RMA so I would contact support.

If the keys DO all go green just fine it may be a software problem maybe try deleting those rgb profiles etc?

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=735429

RGB leds by default have 3 colors: Red, Green and Blue. These are the "additive" primary colors used in television and PC screens etc as they give the most optimal, widest color range for the human eye to see.

They do other colors buy adding varying combinations of these three primary colors. Now how is this relevant you ask?

In additive RGB "white" is obtained or simulated by fully maxing out the red, green and blue channels to 255.

When your keyboard, set to all white, gives you purple keys it means the "green" channel on those keys is dead as purple in RGB is (128,0,128) which is 128 red, 0 green and 128 blue.

https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html

A good place to start testing RGB components like this is to test out the all red, green and blue colors to see if all the key light up.

Edited by Fillmore Graves

Yes Green color is DEAD

and RMA is not a problem the problem is it wont even last 9 months and now in these canditions RMA would take months they said 1st i have to submit my keyboard then they will get it repleced dont know how many weeks it will take as everything is delayed.

Certainly looks like some of the RGB channels are defective. Not sure about the wiring in this keyboard but for the pic if the keybord all in white RGB the pruple colors seems to indicate the green channel is dead.

Set the keyboard to all green, does the purple keys go black or do they go green?

If with keyboard set to green color and the purplish keys go black it's a hardware problem you will have to RMA so I would contact support.

If the keys DO all go green just fine it may be a software problem maybe try deleting those?

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=735429

RGB leds by default have 3 colors: Red, Green and Blue. These are the "additive" primary colors used in television and PC screens etc as they give the most optimal. widest color range fore the human eye to see.

They do other colors buy adding varying combinations of these three primary colors. Now how is this relevant you ask?

In additive RGB "white" is obtained or simulated by fully maxing out the red, green and blue channels to 255.

When your keyboard, set to all white give you purple keys it means the "green" channel on those keys is dead as purple in RGB is (128,0,128) which is 128 red, 0 green and 128 blue.

https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html

A good place to start testing RGB components like this is to test out the all red, green and blue colors to see if all the key light up.

Yes Green color is DEAD

and RMA is not a problem the problem is it wont even last 9 months and now in these canditions RMA would take months they said 1st i have to submit my keyboard then they will get it repleced dont know how many weeks it will take as everything is delayed.

Yeah not much I can help you with for that.

I was going to buy this keyboard but after doing some research on it I opted not to buy one as IMO it is totally unacceptable to be having these kind of problems on a 200$+ priced keyboard.

I dunno what they are doing either but rgb leds are not suppose to be burning out like this at all.

Good quality RGB leds like one should expect on such a premium priced keyboard should have a MTBF of at least 50 000 hours which is equivalent to 5.7 years if left on 24 hours a day 365days a year. Most of the time they die it is due to static discharge, shorting out and damaging the semiconductor material or the very fine bond wires.

Maybe this KB has some other random event happening that is killing the RGB's on it.

It's certainly something corsair should be looking into and fixing as it appears to me to be a engineering problem on their end or they are simply using really really really cheap RGB Leds....

Edited by Fillmore Graves

i would not suggest you really.. 200$ keyboard and you never know when leds will be dead i mean it wont even last for 200 DAYS

I had logitech G510s basic RGB keyboard man that was one solid build keyboard lasted for years then i bought this since then i am just ...... dont know what to say

Yeah not much I can help you with for that.

I was going to buy this keyboard but after doing some research on it I opted not to buy one as IMO it is totally unacceptable to be having these kind of problems on a 200$+ priced keyboard.

I dunno what they are doing either but rgb leds are not suppose to be burning out like this at all.

Good quality RGB leds like one should expect on such a premium priced keyboard should have a MTBF of at least 50 000 hours which is equivalent to 5.7 years if left on 24 hours a day 365days a year. Most of the time they die it is due to static discharge, shorting out and damaging the semiconductor material or the very fine bond wires.

Maybe this KB has some other random event happening that is killing the RGB's on it.

It's certainly something corsair should be looking into and fixing as it appears to me to be a engineering problem on their end or they are simply using really really really cheap RGB Leds....

@Corsair Notepad (employee): Hi... totally useless! I had a bad experience (actually) about Corsair's international support by ticket / email exchanges (concerning my "defunct" K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile keyboard), in my opinion, it's a "kind of robot" (or something similar) not a real human behind who send emails, it's not possible: all messages I've received was exclusively copy/paste-style procedures aka templates (and some of them are irrelevant for this model, such "pinhole" reset procedure for... the K70 RGB MK.2 LP). Also mine replies are never read (or ignored), I'm absolutely sure about this! it's a waste of time, money (180 euros), and so on... By anger/wrath, I've destroyed this keyboard, I don't care, but now I'll go to another brand (not mentioned here, to respect the forum rules). As mail reply from me (lastest, before weekend), I've requested precisely to close the ticket, also I have joigned a photo of destroyed keyboard, and what I receive as reply, today? the RMA process (warranty). Due to this (unlucky) experience, I'm forced to go to another brand (yep, too bad for full iCue integration) but it's understandable IMHO, be sure I'll don't want to take another risk concerning an expensive & faulty hardware (or software). Temporary, I've go back to my 8-yrs old G510, without RGB, but reliable. Edited by docam
To be more clear as possible (I'm French)

i would not suggest you really.. 200$ keyboard and you never know when leds will be dead i mean it wont even last for 200 DAYS

I had logitech G510s basic RGB keyboard man that was one solid build keyboard lasted for years then i bought this since then i am just ...... dont know what to say

Like a car, you'll must replace tyres (lights) very often! I've sent you a private message...

Like you, I've reconnected my 8-yrs old G510 keyboard, no multi-RGB (only one customizable color at the same time, for all keys and its small screen) but extremely robust and reliable. However, on mine, some keys become a bit hard, but after 8 years, assuming it's normal!

Too bad, no more full Corsair RGB integration on my (very expensive) setup - you'll can check my PC specs to have an idea...

Edited by docam