Corsair Community

Saving custom Lighting

capricorn123290

Is there a way to copy just the lighting effects to the Icue folder? I would like to some effects to the base folder so that I can just select them from the lighting channel effects.

Basically I want to add to the default custom lighting effects in the dropdown menu so that I don't have to use a different profile when I want to change the lighting. This is a hassle as most of the time I just want to change the lighting. Not the fan curves and actions and all that.

So it shows in the Instant Lighting drop down menu? Not through normal mechanics. Someone out there may know how to hack it in.

However, there might be a middle ground depending on what you are after. You can use the Lighting Library as a clip board for dragging frequently used lighting effects to other profiles. Those effects stay in the Library until you remove them.

The other thing you can do is use "copy profile" to duplicate an existing profile. This copies all fan curves, actions, lighting, and settings to the new one, then you can rename it and change lighting. I find that far easier than setting up new fan curves and actions in addition to creating new lighting schemes. As you build more and more profiles, you tend to re-use some basic patterns anyway, just with color changes.

If you have a Corsair KB or mouse, moving between the profiles is fairly easy. Half of the devices have dedicated profile change switches. Regardless if they do or not, you can make any switch or key a profile change switch, either next/previous profile or create a custom rotation. If you have 10 profiles, you can link 1, 7, and 9 so they cycle through each other, while 2, 4, 8, and 10 do the same independently. Without a Corsair keyboard of mouse, it does require more interaction.