Corsair Community

Corsair VOID Pro USB Mic not working with iCue

I ran into a problem yesterday that I've been trying to fix. As soon as I turned on my PC to go to my classes I noticed that the mute light on my mic was on. When I pressed the button on my headset to unmute my mic, the voice feedback said 'Mic Feedback On/Off'. This kept happening and I was unable to physically unmute my mic. I then quit iCue and my mic unmuted itself, however, when I reopened iCue my mic went back to being muted and the same issue occurred. After this I'd like to think I tried everything:

-Uninstalled and reinstalled Corsair HID

-Uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers

-Uninstalled and reinstalled iCue

*After uninstalling the drivers/software I restarted my PC each time

What was odd was the mic was unmuted after I reinstalled iCue and I thought it was fixed, but I still didn't want to test my luck with the button on the headset itself.

I wake up this morning to go to class and iCue starts up as normal and I see the red light on my mic and the button is still having the same issue. I'm fairly sure the mic feedback option is only supposed to occur when the button is held, but it is changing regardless of it being pressed/held.

I am on iCue version 3.33.246. This is very agitating because if I want to use my microphone I need to quit iCue. If you need any more information let me know, thank you.

Edited by 0ptimizer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corsair Employee

Many similar issues on our Void Pro headset can be solved by doing a simple Soft-Reset. This will disconnect the battery from the void and then reconnect it. All you would need to do is:

1.Make sure your void is unplugged and off.

2.Hold the Mute button on the void headset down for about 15 seconds

3.After holding the Mute button, hold the Power button until the Void turns on.

Then try testing the headset. If it is still having issues Contact Support @ https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us

They can help you with this issue.

Many similar issues on our Void Pro headset can be solved by doing a simple Soft-Reset. This will disconnect the battery from the void and then reconnect it. All you would need to do is:

1.Make sure your void is unplugged and off.

2.Hold the Mute button on the void headset down for about 15 seconds

3.After holding the Mute button, hold the Power button until the Void turns on.

Then try testing the headset. If it is still having issues Contact Support @ https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us

They can help you with this issue.

I have a wired Corsair Void Pro. This issue seems to arise from iCue as other users have pointed in this thread and in my reddit post of the same title in r/Corsair.

I do have the same problem, since I updated iCue to the newest version. The mic is permanently muted, and there's no way to unmute it (button or software)

I do have a the wired version of the VOID rgb usb headset. Anyone else got the same issue?

Registered on these forums just to chime in: I got the same issue as y'all described. My Void USB headset is doing the same exact thing: permanently muted once ICUE starts up (can't unmute with the button on headset), will work once I close out ICUE. I'm running the 3.33.246 update as well and it worked perfectly before then.

I had this same issue after starting my computer about 4 months of it sitting still. I had to update iCue and noticed my mic wouldn't come off of mute, only "mic feedback on/off". Well after 3 days of nonstop attempts, I did something a little simple that fixed it.

Unplug your USB headphones.

Close iCUE.

Go to your Control Panel.

Click on Programs.

Click on Uninstall a Program.

Right click on CORSAIR iCUE Software.

Click Repair.

Follow onscreen instructions.

Plug headset back in.

This worked for me out of all the tedious things I tried, hopefully this solves everyone else's issue :)

• Corsair Employee

Which version of iCUE are all of you running that are experiencing this issue? Also, which headset if not a Void Pro USB?

Squidgything's suggestion is a good troubleshooting step. If this doesn't correct the issue, go ahead and reply back with your feedback.

I had this same issue after starting my computer about 4 months of it sitting still. I had to update iCue and noticed my mic wouldn't come off of mute, only "mic feedback on/off". Well after 3 days of nonstop attempts, I did something a little simple that fixed it.

Close iCUE.

Click on Programs.

Click Repair.

Plug headset back in.

This worked for me out of all the tedious things I tried, hopefully this solves everyone else's issue :)

Which version of iCUE are all of you running that are experiencing this issue? Also, which headset if not a Void Pro USB?

Squidgything's suggestion is a good troubleshooting step. If this doesn't correct the issue, go ahead and reply back with your feedback.

iCUE 3.33.246 - Void Pro USB

Close iCUE.

Click on Programs.

Click Repair.

Plug headset back in.

I was having the same issue and this solved my problem, thank you

Edit: after restarting my pc, the problem is back :mad:

Edited by iagob1

Same issue.....the mic worked with squidgything solution, but once i restart of computer wakes, microphone goes to off. Void Elite USB

Edited by johnpat
missed software version

Exact same issue. Void PRO USB. 3.33.246.

Mute light stays on and microphone does not unmute when button is pressed (but mute status in iCUE changes).

Tried the proposed solution, it worked until I had to restart, then mute button stopped working again.

Edited by yogsodoth

• Corsair Employee

I've been relaying the information from you guys to our development team and they will be working to resolve this in an upcoming update to iCUE. In the mean time if you don't have access to an older version of iCUE, you can install download the last version through the link below:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.32.80_release.msi

Please note you will have to uninstall the current version to roll back, so backup your profiles first before you start on this process.

Hi,

I posted about the same issue on this thread: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180113&page=2

But I got it to work by uninstalling icue, restarting they system with the headset plugged in.

Installing icue softwre again from the website: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

And then restarting.

There after my headset works as expected again.

I have the corsair void wired usb headset.

:)

Hello, just registered to comment that i have the same issue

tried everything posted here, worked while the pc was on, but after restarting the issue is back

i have the void elite USB, and using iCUE 3.33.246

plese help! only solution for now is uninstalling iCUE

The only things that helped me were: checking whether i allowed access to the microphone for my app, reinstall oder update my audio driver, checking and adjusting my audio settings via sound icon.. and if it still doesn't work: check for hardware issues, because it's very likely that the issue lies with your computer or the headsets.

Anna :sigh!:

I made an account and came in here to also confirm that the latest version of iCUE 3.33.246 is causing my wired VOID PRO RGB to be permanently muted and the button does not do anything.

Thank you Corsair, I'm sure you'll release a patch quickly. In the meantime, may I have the previous version of iCUE?

Close iCUE.

Click on Programs.

Click Repair.

Plug headset back in.

Going to add here that this also worked for me. Check my specs above, also I am on the absolute latest version of W10 with all current updates.