Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB Pro SE (2020) LMB Issue

SoxmisUK

Hi I'm about to return my Dark Core RGB Pro SE (2020 w/Qi Charging) Mouse back to Amazon after buying it from the Amazon UK Corsair shop and having had it only one day because of what I'm finding to be an unusable condition where the LMB is triggered by the slightest lift and tap back down on to the charging mat surface whilst gaming or even browsing.

IE: Gaming, in World of Tanks, mouse start to drift a little away from me, or shifting grip I lift the mouse off the surface of the charging mat and bring it a touch closer to me (Quickly lifting the mouse maybe a quarter to half inch from the surface relocating an inch or three then placing it back down to the surface)

upon placing it down onto the surface again the LMB 'triggers' and fires the Tank Gun, (and there goes my camouflage and I'm detected by the enemy and blown to shreds waiting for a reload..!) PRETTY ANNOYING! :(

I read that maybe something called lift detection could help? Can't find it anywhere in iCUE settings.. But it seems my issue is only happening when I place it down and not when lifting it off the surface. It seems the LMB is triggered by the slightest tap in all cases I tested on the browser close and minimise buttons out of games and yes, it happens there too.

Is there anything I can do to address the issue in iCUE or should I go ahead and return the mouse for a swap and fingers crossed it won't happen on the next one?

Hoping someone can help. B'rgds, John.

Edited by SoxmisUK

• Corsair Employee

Hi John,

This is definitely not the designed behavior for that mouse's LMB. There should be a setting under Performance for Lift Height, but that really controls pointer movement on lifts rather than button presses.

This is more likely a hardware issue, so I would go ahead and do the return/exchange with Amazon and get a replacement that should be problem free.

• Confused 1

Thanks for the prompt reply, I thought as much, I guess I was clutching at straws and being reluctant to return my shiny new mouse and going a few days without it. Out with 'ol faithful' for now then! :) - I'll get straight down the returns shop for my local Amazon depot on Wednesday and do the necessary. :) Thanks for your advice and help!

B'rgds, John.

I got my replacement mouse as instructed above from Amazon, first thing I tested was (Naturally) if it behaved in the same way as the returned one. Nope it didn't, at least NOT on the same button however the RIGHT button on this one is triggered with a small drop now!

Must say I expected better, is anyone even testing these mice before we have to go through all of this?

Pretty hacked off as you can guess.

I'll be returning this one too.

Not Happy at all.

John.