Corsair Community

Fans randomly speed up for a second

cakesg

Is there a corresponding unnatural change in coolant temperature to go along with that? You might be able to see in the graphing section after the fact. I am trying to differentiate between the software losing the sensor data momentarily and reacting to some type of null value and a physical controller issue. If all 6 are doing it simultaneously, it stands to reason this is software related.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a corresponding unnatural change in coolant temperature to go along with that? You might be able to see in the graphing section after the fact. I am trying to differentiate between the software losing the sensor data momentarily and reacting to some type of null value and a physical controller issue. If all 6 are doing it simultaneously, it stands to reason this is software related.

I was finally able to log my coolant temp and I found that there was no increase in temperature for the coolant

Is this using the Hydro X preset curves? Or your own curve? It shouldn't do it for either, but if you are using the Hydro X or another custom curve in a zero mode state, you might get a power blip when they first turn back on. I was also wondering if the registered temp for #1 either disappears or drops to 0C. It would be evident as a large drop or spike on the graph, likely for only a second.

You could try moving the temp probe from slot 1 to 2, 3, or 4 to see if it makes a difference. If you are not using them, that may be more acceptable than having to replace the controller.

Contact Corsair Support. It is possible there is some kind of power delivery issue on the controller. That might also affect any lighting running from the Commander, but again, I would expect to see some kind of drop in the normal CUE graphs if power to the entire unit is being interrupted. If it is just the 12v fan control or some type of PWM issue, that may not be as apparent.

Watch out for interference from 3rd party monitoring apps like Aida or HWiNFO. They can interrupt fan control. However, you also usually get some wacky data to go along with this. 217C temp probes, 40,000 rpm on the pump, 12v rail reads 3.3v, or other impossible data.

Is this using the Hydro X preset curves? Or your own curve? It shouldn't do it for either, but if you are using the Hydro X or another custom curve in a zero mode state, you might get a power blip when they first turn back on. I was also wondering if the registered temp for #1 either disappears or drops to 0C. It would be evident as a large drop or spike on the graph, likely for only a second.

You could try moving the temp probe from slot 1 to 2, 3, or 4 to see if it makes a difference. If you are not using them, that may be more acceptable than having to replace the controller.

Contact Corsair Support. It is possible there is some kind of power delivery issue on the controller. That might also affect any lighting running from the Commander, but again, I would expect to see some kind of drop in the normal CUE graphs if power to the entire unit is being interrupted. If it is just the 12v fan control or some type of PWM issue, that may not be as apparent.

Watch out for interference from 3rd party monitoring apps like Aida or HWiNFO. They can interrupt fan control. However, you also usually get some wacky data to go along with this. 217C temp probes, 40,000 rpm on the pump, 12v rail reads 3.3v, or other impossible data.

I'm gonna do some more monitoring, but something I have experienced is that the RGB is also off sometimes for my GPU block and CPU block. Also I am running the Hydro X default curves