Corsair Community

Commander Pro acting super crazy. HELP

Scirca

My commander pro fan controller has been going bat**** crazy. I have all 6 of my case fans hooked up to it, 4x for my AIO and 2x more in the case. Just now the fan controller literally LOST ITS MIND.

All 6 of my fans became unrecognized and started ramping to maximum speed then to lowest speed. Actually over max speed, commander pro said my ML120 was spinning at 5000RPM instead of the maximum 2400. Would also go to 400RPM which is below the minimum speed of ML120's.

On commander pro dashboard the 12v 5v and 3v signals were going crazy too. The voltages were bouncing between 0 and exceedingly high voltages for each. The 3v was getting 5v, and 5v was getting 12v according to the commander pro reading. Basically if those reading were right, my components are being fried as we speak.....

What the heck is going on. If anything happens to my computer. I swear to go I am going to make sure that neither I nor any of my friends buy anything corsair ever again.

You know what, **** corsair. They force you to use iCUE and buy all of their stupid little nick nacks to link everything together for the "Corsair Environment dudeeee". Not to mention it is all overpriced. Then the **** they sell me proceeds to ruin my hardware. Never again, ever.....

If anybody knows why my commander pro has lost its mind, please let me know.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Was not running anything other than precision XOC and 3DMark. Restarted my computer and now it is ok. Who knows if anything is damaged. Doubt corsair will cover it even if it is. They cannot even bother to reply to a support email I sent to them. Pissing me off real good

It's not damaged and the readings are not genuine. If your 12v line says 3.3v and the 5v line says 12v, you are going to be looking at a blank screen a millisecond later. They are impossible numbers, although I imagine the fans revving up add to the sense of drama in the moment.

3D Mark should not cause an issue. XOC should not cause an issue, but there were early versions of that program that did. Make sure you are using an updated version. Double check your process log in the task manager to make sure there isn't something unexpected. AIDA, HWiNFO, and of course AI Suite are the most common obstacles.

I hope you are correct. Dunno why my screen would go black from my fan controller getting too much/little voltage.

One more thing, this happened almost immediately after I disabled G-SYNC. Cause it was limiting my FPS in 3DMark, giving me trash scores.

Hi Scirca,

Sorry to hear about your commander pro issue. It might be taking some extra time to respond because they recently updated their system. If everything is working normally after a reboot you should be okay. Just curious, how do you have the commander pro connected?

Also do you have a ticket number associated with the email? I can follow up with them Monday to see whats going on with your ticket.

Was not running anything other than precision XOC and 3DMark. Restarted my computer and now it is ok. Who knows if anything is damaged. Doubt corsair will cover it even if it is. They cannot even bother to reply to a support email I sent to them. Pissing me off real good

In the case of worrying if anything was damaged, I would be fine putting money on the fact that nothing was besides your sanity at seeing those readings.

As for Corsair covering it, again for reasons I will not discuss here until August (assuming something doesn't arrive in the mail anyway), I can assure you that they will. I know you have no reason to trust me but believe me when I say this, there are a lot of people who have an inkling of what went down and what occurred, they will if required.

In regards to the the support ticket and lack of response, this I totally stand behind you on but for the record you should be aware that someone over there decided to roll out a new ticketing system all at once instead of in stages, and from what it sounds like without sufficient testing, and this is causing a melt down (and likely several people to worry about their jobs as well as lots of meetings). I am adding Corsair Mike to the list of Corsair Kevin for people you should contact specifically regarding no answer on tickets. PM one of them with your details but please try to be nice, although they do appreciate a bit of sarcasm just don't get too angry in it :P

"3D Mark should not cause an issue. XOC should not cause an issue, but there were early versions of that program that did. Make sure you are using an updated version. Double check your process log in the task manager to make sure there isn't something unexpected. AIDA, HWiNFO, and of course AI Suite are the most common obstacles."

This is correct although I have not seen AISuite cause an issue. And nothing has been damaged (this I say with a grain of salt since anything could happen).

I hope you are correct. Dunno why my screen would go black from my fan controller getting too much/little voltage.

Not the fan controller... those are your PSU rails. In this universe, you can't swap the voltage rails and still have things work. The 'blank screen" is more symbolic than an actual explanation of what happens when up becomes down, light become dark, etc. The succinct version is your PSU doesn't run, but that takes away the necessary emphasis that your readings are impossible.

G-sync should not cause this, however do make sure you exclude iCUE from it in the NV control panel or simply use Full Screen Mode only for Gsync. iCUE obviously has graphs and those require rendering. You don't want it trying to sync the frame rate with iCUE. Stutter is the likely result.