Corsair Community

H80i GT Goes up and down when monitoring

manu-arg

[sOLVED]

Solution for AIDA64: Go to --> Preferences --> Stability -- And uncheck Compatibility with LC Asetek

[Thanks for the help]

Hi there, first of all I’m not a native English speaker so you might or probably find some mistakes 

The problem that I’m having is that when I open (so far) any software that monitors the temperatures, rpm, voltages and more, like Speedfan – Hwmonitor – AIDA64 the RPMs of the coolers goes crazy,

they start “breathing” from 1150RPM to 1650 RPM. All this happens while Corsair Link software is runing in the background. If I close one of those programs it all goes back to normal, and if I close Corsair

Link and open other software it’s start to go crazy again.

Is there any chance that any of this software are trying to control the RPM speed? In the last… 8 years I’ve never have this problem. And it started to happened out of nowhere

What I’ve try is:

1) Re installing Corsair Link software and drivers

2) Installing 2 different version of the same monitoring software

3) Checking the BIOS, that includes loading the default configuration

4) Re checking the cable connection of the coolers

The relevant parts of my setup are:

Corsair H80i GT

Windows 10 64bits (up to date)

GA-Z170 Gaming 3

i5 6600k (without overclock)

NZXT Hale V2 700w

Thanks for the answer !

I expect this only happens with both CL4 is controlling and AIDA64 is monitoring the H80iGT.

If so then this is a known effect and you should check the AIDA64 forum for information about this.

You should also specify build/version numbers rather than "up to date" no nothing at all.

I expect this only happens with both CL4 is controlling + AIDA64 is monitoring the H80iGT.

If so then this is a known effect and you should check the AIDA64 forum for information about this.

You should also specify build/version numbers rather than "up to date" no nothing at all.

Thanks for the answer.

I don’t have any software installed right now, only the corsair link, so I can’t give you a real answer regarding to the version of each software.

I’m going to start a topic in the AIDA64 forums, but on the other hands the problem persists with the other programs.

I will keep on using Google to find any answer. :D:

There is no way to allow both CL4 + AIDA64 to report a H80iGT at the same time, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864594.

If you had a H80iV2 it should be OK.

There is no possible excuse for saying you can't find the Windows build number

I thought you wanted the version of the monitoring software that I use. The build is 10.0.14393.

What I did find out is that the “breathing” problem is related to the refresh rate of the sensors when using AIDA64.

Thanks for the answer.

I thought you wanted the version of the monitoring software that I use. The build is 10.0.14393.

What I did find out is that the “breathing” problem is related to the refresh rate of the sensors when using AIDA64.

Both the Windows build and utility version/build are typically needed to sensibly address interaction issues. W10 is a PITA as there are 3 released totally different W10s which are TH1, TH2 and RS1. Build 14393 is the latest released RS1 and there is also RS2 build 14936.

Yes, I know and I also know we have not been able to stop this happening.

Both the Windows build and utility version/build are typically needed to sensibly address interaction issues. W10 is a PITA as there are 3 released totally different W10s which are TH1, TH2 and RS1. Build 14393 is the latest released RS1 and there is also RS2 build 14936.

Yes, I know and I also know we have not been able to stop this happening.

Seems like the only, let’s call it solution, is to not connect the USB cable. And connect the fans to the motherboard. So whatever config you have on the BIOS will handle the cooling, and AIDA64 or any other software will not affect the RPM.

Seems like the only, let’s call it solution, is to not connect the USB cable. And connect the fans to the motherboard. So whatever config you have on the BIOS will handle the cooling, and AIDA64 or any other software will not affect the RPM.

No it's not, but as I specified you need to ask on the AIDA64 form. I don't know what the current AIDA64 rules are which is why I can't answer and they will depend on the exact AIDA64 build. They used to be http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=852172

Further if you are going to make such claims you should specify the URL of where this rubbish came from.

Archived