Corsair Community

H100i Audible Noise at Idle - Should I RMA

MiyamotoBen

Hey,

I purchased the H100i and started my most recent build just before Christmas, but have only just finished purchasing all the required parts.

Due to this, I have only just heard the H100i in action. It is louder than all other components in my system at idle . . . how loud is it actually meant to be?

I know it's not the fans, as I purchased a Corsair Air Series SP120 PWM High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan Twin Pack, to replace the stock fans.

I also have a corsair commander mini in order to lower the RPM on all systems fans.

I have used this to turn the fans off, so I know the sound is definitely coming from the H100i.

Am I able to RMA it, and how would I know if I was entitled to a replacement? or does anyone know how to stop the sounds?

Thanks for all help

11121527_755930261194552_8667055685593438539_o.thumb.jpg.b64d8987745d5195b9eba2177fbec654.jpg

Explain how the mini commander turned the fans off as it isn't designed to do so,have you verifies the fans are indeed off?...:confused:

As I have all my system fans plugged into the Corsair Commander Mini, all I needed to do is pull the power on that item to stop the system fans from running (Y) Cheating, but still allowed me to locate the problem whilst my machine was turned on :)

Ahh I see,in regards to doing this,its a bad idea unplugging a hot item especially for a mini commander but how loud is the noise?,,the pump will make a low pitch whirring but if its an irregular noise it could be trapped air which should settle down...

its a bad idea unplugging a hot item especially for a mini commander

Why is this a bad idea? From the viewpoint of the CLCC hardware this is no different to the system being powered down. The only issue I can see is the fans/pumps will stop so things may overheat after a while.

Why is this a bad idea? From the viewpoint of the CLCC hardware this is no different to the system being powered down. The only issue I can see is the fans/pumps will stop so things may overheat after a while.

I can only go from my experience after having 2 cooling nodes mess up using this procedure.

Fortunately Corsair replaced one,the other sits in a junk box of spare parts,...

I can only go from my experience after having 2 cooling nodes mess up using this procedure.

I have 3 x CLCC + 2 x Cooling Node + 1 X H80 + 1 x H100i + H110iGT + 2 x RM PSU + 33 x Cooling Fans that I use for testing SIV. I power these up and down as I need them and have thus far had no issues after doing this for several months. Initially I used to unplug/re-plug the power connectors, but this was tedious, so now I have toggle switches.

Archived