Corsair Community

H100i

knightfolk

Hello all,

Today I was using my computer for some light web browsing, and I noticed that my CPU temp was much higher than normal. I have a 4770k (stock speed). At idel with nothing by Firefox open - about 8 percent CPU load total I am getting temp above 65c. I opened up the case and felt each of the hoses, one was very warm to the touch, and the other room temp cold. I cranked up the fans to full and there is zero heat being emitted from the radiator. I am getting a reading of 2230 for the pump, and 50c for the h100i temp (I assume this is the water temp reading).

Anyway I fired up plea and stared a transcode, under full load the CPU jumped to 100, and the water temp soared to 68c. Again, even at full load the air coming out of the radiator is room temp.

The unit is about a year old, is it possible that I have a bad pump even though corsair link is showing a normal pump speed? For my own sanity I have shut the computer off until I have time to figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I can post full specs of the system if needed, but typing on this iPad is the worst. :biggrin:

I had this same issue. If the impeller were separated from the shaft, the RPM would be way higher, as there would be no load. That the output hose is hot says that there is some directional flow; just not enough. What appears to be happening is that either the fluid level has dropped to a point that there is no longer a complete circuit (the pump can circulate the fluid in a hydraulic loop, but isn't strong enough to push it up hill into an air filled cavity and over the top on its own), or the fluid has become thickened and just does not circulate as quickly it was designed to do.

Archived