Corsair Community

Corsair Link not loading at Win7 startup

saione

Hi.

I just installed H80i on my pc running with Win 7 64bit.

When i start the PC the fans of H80i are running fast and noisy and until Link 2 is loaded they do not reduce the speed (quiet mode).

The problem is that even if i selected to run Link2 at windows startup, the programme is not loaded and every time I have to run it manually clicking on its desktop icon.

Do you may be know the problem?

Is there a conflict with sone other software? [at statup i load also Gigabyte motherboard utility (ET6) to monitor all fans].

:(:

Thanks in advance.

Hi again.

I tried several combinations, but no results! Corsair Link 2 doesn't want to load at startup!

I removed all hardware utilities leaving only it at startup but it doesn't load.

It runs only if I click it manually.

ANY HELP or SUGGESTIONS?

Thanking in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Assuming that you are using the latest version of the C Link SW. Some anti-virus or other security software may prevent the modification of Task scheduler in Windows. Open the Task scheduler (Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools), and check if both CorsairLink Hardware monitor and CorsairLink UI are listed with the trigger “At log on of any user”. If they’re not listed, deselect “auto start at startup”, close Corsair Link, disable any anti-virus or other security software, restart the system, and re-enable “auto start at startup”. Once the Task scheduler modification is done, you can re-enable your anti-virus or security software again. You may have to manually create the tasks if this solution doesn’t work.

• 2 months later...
Assuming that you are using the latest version of the C Link SW. Some anti-virus or other security software may prevent the modification of Task scheduler in Windows. Open the Task scheduler (Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools), and check if both CorsairLink Hardware monitor and CorsairLink UI are listed with the trigger “At log on of any user”. If they’re not listed, deselect “auto start at startup”, close Corsair Link, disable any anti-virus or other security software, restart the system, and re-enable “auto start at startup”. Once the Task scheduler modification is done, you can re-enable your anti-virus or security software again. You may have to manually create the tasks if this solution doesn’t work.

OK, none of this worked for me, but it did get me going in the right direction. Both were running in Task Scheduler and both were set to "At log on of any user" and it still wouldn't load. For "Start CorsairLINK UI" properties, under the triggers tab, edit the trigger to "Delay task for 30 seconds".

I also checked (under the settings tab) "If the task fails, restart every 5 minutes". I don't think this is necessary, but I like it as a backup in case 30 seconds isn't long enough.

My guess why this works: without the 30-second delay, the UI is trying to load before the Hardware Monitor is finished loading.

...or maybe I just got lucky... :evil:

• 9 months later...
I found that when i installed link to a different drive then C:/ that task Scheduler still had C:/ drive as the location. You can change this in "Start Corsair Link" Properties in task scheduler.

Archived