Corsair Community

Given faulty product and being ignored by Corsair - #617966

ltuts1

Hi,

I recently brought a corsair one pro 1080 ti. The product from purchase was faulty as it was one with a broken PCIe part (as many have been affected). The gen 3.0 port does not work so having to run it on gen 2.0. I don't care if the difference is negligible, because it should work on 3.0. Corsair said they would send me a box to send it back, yet I have not received this in over one month. I have tried numerous times to ring, and never get through to anyone (the team handling my ticket is always magically missing at the time of my call). At this stage I am coming to the forums to ask for help.

I paid so much money for this product, and it was faulty, yet Corsair are showing no sign of helping me to fix it.

My ticket number is 617966 if anyone here can help.

Thank you

• Corsair Employee

Calling Corsair One faulty because the PCI Express bridge is running at a slightly lower speed is a little unfair. The difference between Gen 2 and Gen 3 is academic.

Corsair One not only works - plays games, runs applications, etc. - but with the liquid-cooling system, actually runs perceptibly faster than a standard air-cooled desktop.

With all that said, I can at least understand the principle of why you'd be upset by the Gen 2 lock, and will contact customer service to see why you haven't yet received your RMA box.

As the original post stated, these systems with the 1080ti are very broken, at first we are all told it is a pcie cable problem that is broken! So you send your Corsair one back to have a GEN3 cable fitted, then corsair change the bios to lock everybody to GEN2 - but hang on we brought a GEN3 machine.

I don’t think this is a little unfair at all, I think it’s bang out of order! You buy a Big Mac from McDonald’s aren’t you expecting 2 burgers not 1 - it may taste the same but is actually not what you paid for.........

I’ve paid for GEN3 not GEN2.. the comment on speed differences, a 1080 not the 1080ti is bandwidth saturated at 98% on Gen 2 the 1080ti is supposed to be 30% faster, it has a higher bandwidth saturation, therefore the problem is compounded and as game developers push this card higher the saturation and percentage will go up. Nvidia themselves state for the best results on this card it has to be put in a GEN3 slot, therefore Corsair are selling a BROKEN system because they are locking the bios to GEN2 but selling the system as GEN3, so when someone sends their system in to be fixed, they fix the cable and lock the bios down to GEN2, what’s the point ???? After all the graphics card is GEN3, the motherboard is GEN3 but Corsair’s cable and new bios is not, so who broke it ???

Corsair seriously need to get their act together on this and I strongly suggest that everyone who has had their system repaired to download gpuz and see what GEN their gpu is working on!!! We might as well have bought the 1080 system and saved ourselves a load of money!!!

I'm one of the people that sent my Corsair one back and got the faulty PCIe cable replaced, after receiving my now repaired Corsair one the bios was set to Gen 2. I then set it to Auto and rebooted and everything worked great, I then set it to Gen3 and rebooted again and it worked flawlessly. So I don't understand why you are saying it's locked at Gen 2, mine was certainly not locked at Gen 2. It is now running in Gen3 mode with no problems at all. I was able to set it to Gen3 very easily. It was not locked in Gen2. So when you get you Corsair one back check the bios and if it's at Gen2 set it to Gen3 and you will be happy.

Happy to hear that you were able to change your bios settings - perhaps I must be missing something then and so are Corsair one technical support as my bios has the option to change the settings completely removed, will attach a screen shot of my bios settings - are you in Europe? Or have they moved it to somewhere else, as I said even Corsair one technical support couldn’t rectify

263AE195-390A-4E18-8ED2-3BC75F2FF7A7.thumb.jpeg.7997798e1ff69a6e02a9c67e19309fd4.jpeg

I'm one of the people that sent my Corsair one back and got the faulty PCIe cable replaced, after receiving my now repaired Corsair one the bios was set to Gen 2. I then set it to Auto and rebooted and everything worked great, I then set it to Gen3 and rebooted again and it worked flawlessly. So I don't understand why you are saying it's locked at Gen 2, mine was certainly not locked at Gen 2. It is now running in Gen3 mode with no problems at all. I was able to set it to Gen3 very easily. It was not locked in Gen2. So when you get you Corsair one back check the bios and if it's at Gen2 set it to Gen3 and you will be happy.

I also don't have the option in BIOS (including Advanced) to change the the PEGO setting.

@Corsair I think this is affecting another issue I'm having with my Corsair One Pro (CS-9000009-NA) and Acer Predator Z35P display at 120Hz. Any setting over 60Hz causes the display to appear to repeatedly black-out then the image returns. I don't want to call it flickering, because that doesn't properly describe the effect. It seems as through the GPU isn't able to keep up. When I run rendering tests (at 60Hz), it appears the PCI-E state drops down to 1.1 (see IMG below) ...I've tried a number of solutions, from setting the Windows power profile to Performance, to changing the NVidia driver settings in the Nvidia Control Panel to Maximum Performance. I know the display works properly at 120Hz with a 1080 Ti as I've tested it with another system with a different brand GTX 1080 Ti 11GB.

I received my CS-9000009-NA system from Amazon's latest stock refresh a few days ago. Is it possible this system has a faulty PCI-Express cable? Or do I need a Bios Update to enable the Gen3 setting? Perhaps I missed it in the Bios UI? (I did look through the Advanced options).

BIOS version: E7A66IZ1.4QQ

BIOS Build Date: 08/29/2017

kjMJtoT.png

Yeah same bios build that I have where the option to change settings has been taken out - mine is a North American machine as well, although I live in the uk, this is the third one they’ve sent me all with the same problem, their customer services is the worst I have ever experienced, no one seems to know what’s going on and to me it’s a simple bios change, how can another user on this forum have it working - Corsair get your act together please!!

• Corsair Employee

Units with more recent BIOS versions have the PCIe speed locked to Gen 2 to ensure stability.

This is an integrated system. PCIe functionality at Gen 3 was never guaranteed as part of the spec, nor was it ever advertised to be functioning in that configuration. It's simply not part of the spec for Corsair One, and we made that decision favoring stability knowing the end user experience would not be affected by it.

We tested multiple games and pieces of software at Gen 2 - with the GTX 1080 Ti - and found an average performance difference of ~2%, a difference that's immediately negated by the liquid cooling system. In fact, the liquid cooling system alone allows the GTX 1080 Ti to clock substantially higher and maintain those clocks.

Now, with all that being said, your complaints have been heard. If you're genuinely dissatisfied with the performance of your Corsair One, or if the Corsair One does not meet your needs, you can contact our customer service department and initiate an RMA for a refund.

Units with more recent BIOS versions have the PCIe speed locked to Gen 2 to ensure stability.

This is an integrated system. PCIe functionality at Gen 3 was never guaranteed as part of the spec, nor was it ever advertised to be functioning in that configuration. It's simply not part of the spec for Corsair One, and we made that decision favoring stability knowing the end user experience would not be affected by it.

We tested multiple games and pieces of software at Gen 2 - with the GTX 1080 Ti - and found an average performance difference of ~2%, a difference that's immediately negated by the liquid cooling system. In fact, the liquid cooling system alone allows the GTX 1080 Ti to clock substantially higher and maintain those clocks.

Now, with all that being said, your complaints have been heard. If you're genuinely dissatisfied with the performance of your Corsair One, or if the Corsair One does not meet your needs, you can contact our customer service department and initiate an RMA for a refund.

If our Corsair One Pro weren't having a problem which may relate to a PCIe Bios issue, I wouldn't have posted here. It's not an issue of performance, but functionality. Functionality that might have been testable with the BIOS option available. An issue which I mentioned in this thread, and which this response completely ignores after waiting 2 days for said response.

As to your response, first it comes across as aggravated/argumentative in tone.

Next, all PC's are integrated systems whether we build it or a systems integrator/builder does. Pointing it out comes across as sanctimonious 'splaining as the popular term seems to be today, to establish yourself as more knowledgeable than those you're responding to to establish your dominance. Which is not an appreciated approach by someone seeking assistance, not veiled antagonism. Especially when the support response is misinformed. Leading to...

If you check the Motherboard map IN THE PROVIDED BIOS it explicitly states the spec for the system as Gen 3. See the IMG below.

While I understand your explanation, and I can easily quibble with it under the "well, if Gen 2 with liquid cooling is that much better...Gen 3 with liquid cooling PLUS that 2% gain...would be best", the part where you state, "PCIe functionality at Gen 3 was never guaranteed as part of the spec" is factually and demonstrably false, and your response doesn't really explain why other than a "because we said so".

However, I'm interested in a working system, not arguing with the people who are supposed to be providing support for our new system. Bearing in mind, system performance isn't the only contributor to a good customer experience, and my customer experience has been subpar these past few days. If you're looking to "fire the customer" because you don't want to support unhappy customers looking for help, just say so, and I will return the system, post my reviews and move on. At this point I can't determine if I'm genuinely dissatisfied with the performance of my Corsair One, because it requires troubleshooting/tech support before I can fully test its performance to make that determination. I am genuinely dissatisfied so far with the support however. How that goes from here remains to be seen. I'd hope it improves, but hope and a nickle doesn't get you anywhere these days.

If I'm coming across as argumentative and grumpy, it's because I have to deal with this crap during my workday, instead of this entire past week when I needed Tech Support which wasn't available, despite the ADVERTISED 24/7 support line, because there's no Tech Support evenings or weekends, when...you know...working people can actually get on the phone to go through basic troubleshooting with a tech, instead of being driven to get frustrated with no response on a web forum for 2 days with again, no weekend tech support (showing Corsair's tech staff don't really seem to care much about their community) as well as NO reply on Twitter to @CorsairSupport, @Corsair, or any of the Corsair staff accounts, especially while a couple of them were active, but I get they were off-duty and that's fine. Someone not being on-duty isn't okay.

So yeah, come off even slightly aggressive or dismissive or sanctimonious to an already frustrated new customer, because that's a great way to promote Corsair's new product line. </sarcasm>

I'll note this though, I just noticed you're the PM for the C-Link Soft. I do like it.

Here's that IMG I promised: Note the Gen 3.

https://i.imgur.com/JLy293s.jpg

This is not an acceptable response - you are saying some can run on GEN3 and that some can’t, so this points to a problem with your hardware as the ad stated all components can run on GEN3, also if you had read the replies properly this problem will be compounded when developers push this card further, so it is indeed broken. I will post a picture of the specs where it clearly states it’s GEN3, this is from scan UK who are your main UK distributor, I would think they would like your thoughts on this as they are mis-selling your systems. I spoke to your senior tech support on Thursday who told me your engineers were going to release a bios update, you seem to have verified that this is indeed untrue, so I will be requesting a refund, I chose to stick with you and not request a refund up until I read your post. As for your comments on air cooling and water cooling it has no affect whatsoever as long as the GPU is not being throttled due to heat issues, if you would like to elaborate? I have a smaller footprint pc that I use for my downstairs home cinema in a fractal node case, same spec and runs on GEN3 - yes it is slightly hotter but GPU and CPU do not throttle. Please see enclosed picture of Corsair one specs.

5DCE77A3-C731-4EAE-BE82-DCB3C6AB97DF.thumb.png.08f9bec1e0977337e87924ac0e64e201.png

• Corsair Employee

I realize you both are frustrated with your Corsair One systems, specifically with:

- Lack of customer support during non-business hours

- Lack of Gen 3 support

Early systems were shipped with Gen 3 support. We found that enabling Gen 3 did cause instability in some end users systems, so we're releasing a BIOS update that disables it. Nowhere in our externally-facing collateral did we specify PCIe Gen 3; I've never seen that spec page and I'm the product manager. If that's indeed on our site - and I'm verifying it right now - then it was never approved by me.

Now, with all that said.

The customer service situation is being escalated. You aren't the only ones to be upset; Corsair One is a high price, high profile product and the 24/7 support should indeed be genuine 24/7 support. All I can do there - for now at least - is apologize and tell you that we're working on it.

The Gen 3 situation is much stickier. If you absolutely must have Gen 3 support on your Corsair One, or if you feel the product has been misrepresented to you, unfortunately the only option I can offer is an RMA. There are no plans to re-enable Gen 3 on these Corsair One systems.

I realize you both are frustrated with your Corsair One systems, specifically with:

- Lack of customer support during non-business hours

- Lack of Gen 3 support

Early systems were shipped with Gen 3 support. We found that enabling Gen 3 did cause instability in some end users systems, so we're releasing a BIOS update that disables it. Nowhere in our externally-facing collateral did we specify PCIe Gen 3; I've never seen that spec page and I'm the product manager. If that's indeed on our site - and I'm verifying it right now - then it was never approved by me.

Now, with all that said.

The customer service situation is being escalated. You aren't the only ones to be upset; Corsair One is a high price, high profile product and the 24/7 support should indeed be genuine 24/7 support. All I can do there - for now at least - is apologize and tell you that we're working on it.

The Gen 3 situation is much stickier. If you absolutely must have Gen 3 support on your Corsair One, or if you feel the product has been misrepresented to you, unfortunately the only option I can offer is an RMA. There are no plans to re-enable Gen 3 on these Corsair One systems.

Thank you for your response on these matters.

After due consideration, I've determined that I should take the advice of some redditors and look at the Corsair One Pro as more of a high-end console/PC hybrid due to its upgradeability and design compromises. This way, I can manage my own expectations regarding the hardware. While I was aware of these issues somewhat, it took actually owning one and encountering this particular issue to see the truth of it. And, I'm okay with that. Because I'm not looking at this system from the perspective of upgradeability any more, so Gen 2 performance is okay with today's performance baseline. While I would prefer to have PCIe Gen3 capability, I understand for this system's overall design it'll be a necessary compromise, which no doubt will be addressed in future revisions of the product line, with the positive outlook it'll continue.

Now, the rep that contacted me yesterday by email and got my name wrong, contacted me again today, apologizing for getting my name wrong, and then got my name wrong again in this latest email. I...uhh...yeah. :roll:

However, while writing this, I JUST received a call from Deanna over there at Corsair, and she's taking care of the system swap. Although no one at Corsair has actually gone through any real troubleshooting with me in case I simply missed a setting or some other simple fix could've resolved the problem via software/configuration. In case it turns out to be hardware after all, this system swap is hopefully the simplest solution. Fingers crossed.

Normally I couldn't take a call during business hours like the one I received from Deanna, but her timing was a lucky happenstance. Happy days. :biggrin:

More than anything, I appreciate your recognition of the Corsair support issues, and it's good to know it's being worked on. I'll look forward to (hopefully not having to) experience Corsair's genuine 24/7 support if it's ever needed. Or at least some weekend/later evening hours, or active online tech support folks who are willing to offer to pick up a phone when a frustrated customer expresses an immediate need for assistance. That would be swell.

We'll see how this system RMA swap goes, and hopefully the new system resolves the issue I've experienced with running the Acer Z35P at 120Hz, along with the PCIe bus properly running at Gen 2 without dropping down to Gen 1.1 while high performance settings are enabled or during render tests.

Then the real testing (and hopefully design work and gaming) can begin!

...moderately hopeful, unsuccessfully fighting excitement...

-RC_ONE

Don’t look too hard dusting just going to http://www.scan.uk Corsair one full spec You will find It. Stop taking this personally and help

Your link did not work, at least for me. So I went to http://www.scan.co.uk and searched for "Corsair One". 2 clicks later got me this.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-one-pro-compact-gaming-pc-hydro-aio-i7-7700k-16gb-ddr4-480gb-ssdplus2tb-hdd-hydro-aio-8gb-gt

Click on the Specs tab - It says Graphics Interface PCIe 3.0 (x16) clear as day.

Just sayin'

I came across this article, testing the effects of PCIe scaling in great detail: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_PCI_Express_Scaling/

It only covers the GTX 1080, not the ti model unfortunately, but their findings did put my mind at ease a little.

The thing I still have trouble with is that at first this seemed an issue that was easily fixable by replacing a cable.

It doesn't seem very customer friendly to instead of replacing a cable to just 'downgrade' the product a little, on a machine that costs €3000 and boasts great customer support.

I bought mine from scan too and have proof in my receipt that it says 3.0 too. Happy to provide. I feel at this stage in time Corsair should reimburse a part of the cost. I am relatively ok with staying at Gen 2 vs. a refund, but it is not the advertised product. I have spoken to a friend who is a lawyer that specializes in many things (consumer rights being one of them), and will look at my options here.

Strange scan must have been told off as they have now changed the product spec to pcie n/a. I have a capture of all original spec that was posted to the site before it was changed last night. It also clearly states GEN3 on the motherboard road map which is on corsair ones help. Seems like someone is trying to cover things up here

• Corsair Employee

I'm glad we at least sort of got the situation sorted out for you. Like I said, we're working internally to improve the customer service situation. MY boss is personally handling it.

I was checking the specs on your monitor, and it should only be running up to 100Hz, not 120Hz. IIRC - and I could certainly be mistaken - the curved 34" panels running at 100Hz may require manual overclocking in the display driver as well. At any rate, if you're having trouble doing 120Hz on that display, it may be because it can't do 120Hz. :|

The PCIe bus dropping down to Gen 1.1 during non-gaming tasks actually sounds like a software/driver issue, not something specific to Corsair One's hardware. Can you tell me what you're running where the PCIe bus isn't going up to 2.0?

Thank you for your response on these matters.

After due consideration, I've determined that I should take the advice of some redditors and look at the Corsair One Pro as more of a high-end console/PC hybrid due to its upgradeability and design compromises. This way, I can manage my own expectations regarding the hardware. While I was aware of these issues somewhat, it took actually owning one and encountering this particular issue to see the truth of it. And, I'm okay with that. Because I'm not looking at this system from the perspective of upgradeability any more, so Gen 2 performance is okay with today's performance baseline. While I would prefer to have PCIe Gen3 capability, I understand for this system's overall design it'll be a necessary compromise, which no doubt will be addressed in future revisions of the product line, with the positive outlook it'll continue.

Now, the rep that contacted me yesterday by email and got my name wrong, contacted me again today, apologizing for getting my name wrong, and then got my name wrong again in this latest email. I...uhh...yeah. :roll:

However, while writing this, I JUST received a call from Deanna over there at Corsair, and she's taking care of the system swap. Although no one at Corsair has actually gone through any real troubleshooting with me in case I simply missed a setting or some other simple fix could've resolved the problem via software/configuration. In case it turns out to be hardware after all, this system swap is hopefully the simplest solution. Fingers crossed.

Normally I couldn't take a call during business hours like the one I received from Deanna, but her timing was a lucky happenstance. Happy days. :biggrin:

More than anything, I appreciate your recognition of the Corsair support issues, and it's good to know it's being worked on. I'll look forward to (hopefully not having to) experience Corsair's genuine 24/7 support if it's ever needed. Or at least some weekend/later evening hours, or active online tech support folks who are willing to offer to pick up a phone when a frustrated customer expresses an immediate need for assistance. That would be swell.

We'll see how this system RMA swap goes, and hopefully the new system resolves the issue I've experienced with running the Acer Z35P at 120Hz, along with the PCIe bus properly running at Gen 2 without dropping down to Gen 1.1 while high performance settings are enabled or during render tests.

Then the real testing (and hopefully design work and gaming) can begin!

...moderately hopeful, unsuccessfully fighting excitement...

-RC_ONE

There's no cover-up involved, just correction. The specification that SCAN posted didn't come from us, and they added that field on their own. That's why it's been removed, because it isn't accurate to the shipping product.

Sorry Dustin, this is not correct, my first Corsair one was shipped to me working on GEN3 as it was in the lot numbers that were discussed on these forums and had problems with a faulty pcie cable, Corsair technical support advised that as a quick fix to go into the bios and select GEN2, so it clearly was sold to me on GEN3, so SCAN did not mis represent your product it’s how it came from the factory, it just didn’t work as you had a batch of faulty cables. My second Corsair one came back from you locked to GEN2, so technical support said they had a Corsair one GEN3 with all the correct hardware that they would send me, that too came locked to GEN2, due to Corsair changing bios settings and locking it down. So after the point of purchase, Corsair have downgraded my pc, so that’s why I am requesting a full refund, you have not fixed it, you’ve just put a sticking plaster over it. The Corsair one I have now is way out of the affected lot numbers. Thanks

I have the UWQHD (3440x1440) Z35P version, not the Z35 or the 1080P version. Next time you're "checking the specs" of a component a customer mentions, it might help to confirm the specific model version the customer has before making assumptions. The Z35P display "overclocks" to 120Hz (It's a standard OSD menu feature of the display, calling it over-clocking is...seemingly a marketing decision). I say this as someone who's spent some time on the phone with Acer's more experienced Tier 2 support engineers because those screwballs at Acer advertised and issued a press release stating this monitor included a feature it didn't actually ship with and never supported and they've now admitted to this fact. The feature it was advertised with and doesn't have is Nvidia ULMB, so I'm very very familiar at this point with what this display is and isn't capable of across multiple high-end systems and configurations).

Moreover, you've forgotten I mentioned that I've already tested my display on a different PC with a GTX 1080Ti 11GB from another vendor at 120Hz all which work just fine out of the box with that system and my Z35P display.

I'm not having "trouble doing 120Hz on that display" because it can't do 120Hz. Because it can do 120Hz beautifully. I'm having trouble doing 85Hz, 100Hz, and 120Hz on that display ONLY with this Corsair One Pro. I realize mentioning the issue with 85Hz and 100Hz might have been helpful here on the forum. I did mention it when filing my Trouble Ticket. The Corsair One Pro is only functioning properly up to 60Hz via DisplayPort. I haven't tested HDMI, though as I understand it, HDMI doesn't do 120hz on this display at its native resolution, while DisplayPort does.

As for the PCIe bus dropping down to 1.1 during "non-gaming" tasks, it shouldn't happen during render tests (which is what I was doing software-wise) when Nvidia video and OS power modes are set to Performance. (disabling power management calls that result in PCIe step-down, especially when the PCIe Bus bandwidth is explicitly being tested).

And, that also answers your question. I was running render tests which explicitly test the bandwidth and state of the PCIe bus. For example, GPU-Z's Render Test option which I posted a screenshot of in this very thread 4 days ago. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=922499&postcount=6 I'll post it again for you down below.

Now, as I mentioned before, I'm not arguing that the issue isn't potentially just a configuration option or setting, which is why when this all started I was hoping to speak with Tech Support during non-work hours when I can be at home in front of my Corsair One Pro and troubleshoot. And so I appreciate your trying to follow up. I'll leave it at that.

And, I'm glad to hear your boss is taking the customer service situation in hand.

Here's that screenshot again...

kjMJtoT.png

I'm glad we at least sort of got the situation sorted out for you. Like I said, we're working internally to improve the customer service situation. MY boss is personally handling it.

I was checking the specs on your monitor, and it should only be running up to 100Hz, not 120Hz. IIRC - and I could certainly be mistaken - the curved 34" panels running at 100Hz may require manual overclocking in the display driver as well. At any rate, if you're having trouble doing 120Hz on that display, it may be because it can't do 120Hz. :|

The PCIe bus dropping down to Gen 1.1 during non-gaming tasks actually sounds like a software/driver issue, not something specific to Corsair One's hardware. Can you tell me what you're running where the PCIe bus isn't going up to 2.0?

I just got my third one pro. 1 one GPU fans on 100%, 2 one fault graphic card. 3 One problem with black screen from time to time. Been asked to clear bios CMOS. Tetsing rigth now to see if it help.

Corsair you have to test your product before shipping. I have put many ours installing 3 computers, calling your helpdesk, Going to the store and demanded a replacement unit. First the said that it is giong to be repaired. I bought a machine for toons of dollars and it does not work from start. Give me a new one now a said. And they did at the store 1 time and second time and now third time. I would not accept to send away for repair a system that not work from start.

I will try to update here if CMOM clear bios help black screen.

I also got info from support to change pego setting at latest today 12/10. It seems that they are not aware that you have taken that option away.

• Corsair Employee

bigans, I've done what I can. Your option is to return the product for a refund. Feedback on the PCIe issue has been heard loud and clear. There's nothing we can do for Z270-based Corsair Ones like yours, but any units built on future platforms will be guaranteed at PCIe 3.0.

RC_ONE, I did check the Acer Z35P. It's 100Hz. See for yourself: Acer Z35P

Now, that said, if Corsair One specifically isn't driving the monitor past 60Hz but other systems can and have, then yes, that's definitely a problem on our side separate from the PCIe gen issue.

As for the GPU-Z render test, I found that on a completely different system configuration (my test bench with an i7-8700K) with a GTX 1080, the GTX 1080 would idle at PCIe 1.1 regardless of what the power settings in the OS are. However, when running the Render Test on GPU-Z, it would max out the bus speed. So I need to investigate this further.

UPDATE: I've reproduced the issue you're experiencing on a reference unit here. We need to determine if it's just a quirk/bug that happens between C1 and GPU-Z or if it's a serious problem.

jopa00, I apologize for your heinous bad luck. We actually do test these extensively at the factory before shipping, although the PCIe ribbon issue turned out to be something that would only materialize after shipping for some mysterious reason. Tech support would've told you to set your PCIe gen setting to Gen 2, but if that option isn't available in BIOS, then you're already running at Gen 2. If they told you to set to Gen 3, let me know.

Archived