Corsair Community

Cpu fan header

Rishav

You would need a splitter.

What cooler are you installing?

I have installed Noctua NH-U14 S Cpu cooler with 2 fans.

And already tried to use the Y splitter cable. With that cable both fans are spinning. But those fans not showing the RPM under MSI BIOS and even in MSI Dragon centre under hardware monitor. It was showing zero.

And when i will remove one fan. It showing the RPM of one FAN on both places i.e. Bios and MSI dragon centre.

Why it is like that?

I really can't tell you. This is a Corsair forum and we don't have a lot of experience or knowledge about Noctua coolers.

It doesn't not matter whether it's Noctua or someother company Cooler. My question is where should i plug the Second CPU cooler Fan if Mobo has only one CPU FAN header?

Apparently it does matter since the motherboard does not recognize the Noctua fans when on the splitter. Since the underlying PWM circuitry of the motherboard is proprietary to MSI and not changeable, you will have to look at the fans and the splitter. Presumably the fans are PWM and the splitter came with the cooler. 0 rpm but moving fans probably means the tachometer wire signal does not reach the board. Try swapping the two fans on the splitter. A PWM splitter should be 4 pins on one and 3 on the other. You may also want to read through the relevant section in your motherboard manual.

Apparently it does matter since the motherboard does not recognize the Noctua fans when on the splitter. Since the underlying PWM circuitry of the motherboard is proprietary to MSI and not changeable, you will have to look at the fans and the splitter. Presumably the fans are PWM and the splitter came with the cooler. 0 rpm but moving fans probably means the tachometer wire signal does not reach the board. Try swapping the two fans on the splitter. A PWM splitter should be 4 pins on one and 3 on the other. You may also want to read through the relevant section in your motherboard manual.

How come it is? Every fan is compatible with every motherboard. if iPWM circuitry is proprietary to MSI then why the MSI is not manufactring their CPU heatsink to use on their motherboard.

My both Fan's and Y splitter cable are 4 pin PWM. And my splitter cable is having 4 pins on both end. and there is nothing mentioned about this in Motherboard manual about this.

Thank you

Not all PWM circuits are the same and I’ll go way out on a limb and guess you are not an electrical engineer. In this case the point is you can’t change the board.

Where did this splitter come from? Be sure there are 4 actual metal pins in each one and not 4+3. That is rather critical. The missing pin is deliberate and the tachometer for fan 2 so this doesn’t happen.

While the description is not clear, the diagram appears to show what I would expect: 4 wires/pins on one and 3 wires/pins on the other. Typically a company would not run the physical wire then snip the pin, but who knows. Make sure that is your cable. There are a lot in the box.

https://noctua.at/en/products/accessories/cables-and-adaptors/na-syc1/specification

Beyond the obvious cable mismatch, there isn’t much we can tell you. The nature of the fans individual PWM circuits are only questions that can be answered by the two manufacturers. I would start with Noctua. At the same time, I would try a traditional 4+3 PWM splitter. I have 10 of the model listed above. I know they are 4+3. I am not sure what you have.

Your motherboard manual or getting into the BIOS is the way to see what control variables you have for your other headers. This is motherboard and manufacturer specific, but it will surely have cpu temp which is what you use for an air cooler.

Sure i will check the both end of Y splitter cable. and will let you know

As per you, it should be 4 pin on one end and 3 pin on other end.

what about my this query. please let me know if you have any idea?

Do you know the SYS_FAN header on MSI Z390 A PRO motherboard will read which temperature source? will they work CPU temp or Motherboard/system temperature?